Work Placement Coach
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College
Work Placement Coach – Preparation For Work & Life
Location: Filton and Stroud
FTE Salary: Up to £24,402 (Salary dependent on qualifications and experiences)
Actual Salary: £21,719.06
Term-Time Only Contracts will incur a salary adjustment if the start date is after 1stSeptember.
Contract Type: Permanent, Term-Time only
Working Hours: 37 hours per week, 40 weeks per year
SGS is an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Financial Rewards and Benefits:
- Opportunity to make a positive impact within the community and on learners’ lives
- Competitive Pension Scheme- Corporate and support roles have access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), a flexible and pension accessible from the age of 55, with generous employer contributions of 16%
- Generous Annual leave entitlement plus 8 bank holidays– 25 days for corporate and support functions, increasing to 30 days after 5 academic years’ service (Full-Time Equivalent).
- Two weeks leave during the Christmas closedown period largely supported by the discretionary closure days provided by the College
- Extensive professional development with ongoing support for your personal & professional development, including 25% tuition discount for immediate family of SGS employees
- Family friendly policies and a proven commitment to supporting flexible working practices
- Access to ‘My Lifestyle’ discounted shopping benefits, cycle to work scheme and a Technology Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Free Annual Eye test
- All staff members can buy a TOTUM card(formerly known as NUS Extra cards) as part of being an affiliate member of the Students' Union
- Staff have access and supported to be part of inclusive or sustainable staff networks and communities
- Free car parking at all campuses (except Queens Road Art School)
- Access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources
- Subsidised onsite catering services including Starbucks Coffee
South Gloucestershire & Stroud Collegehas an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, construction to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to Honour Degree level programmes.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help students and colleagues achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of SGS and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our last inspection.
For more information, please visit https://www.sgscol.ac.uk/
SGS College have an exciting opportunity for a Work Placement Coach (Prep for Work and Life department) at our Filton & Stroud campuses.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Promote the benefits of work placements to learners and employers
- Work with learners on a 1:1 basis and in groups
- Visiting students on placement at employer premises
- Be in regular contact with employers during the learners’ placement
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- Confident and enthusiastic, with excellent organisation & communication skills
- Experience working with entry to level 1 students with SEND and SEMH
- A passion for developing learners’ employability skills, being supportive & inspiring
- Able to show initiative, mediate, be persuasive, & deal with sensitive situation
- Driving licence and use of own vehicle is essential
Please apply online by: Monday 27thMarch 2023
Expected Interview Date: To be confirmed
If you have any queries please contact [email protected]
The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory DBS Enhanced certificate as a requirement of the job.