Vehicle Workshop Supervisor – Bideford, Devon
Our local authority client is looking for an experienced motor vehicle Workshop Supervisor to commence a temporary assignment with them as soon as possible. You will be based in offices in Bideford and will be providing vehicle maintenance and repair service for their fleet.
– Immediate start
– Initial 3-month contract
– Rate of pay of £14.17ph negotiable.
– Holiday pay on top of hourly rate
– Chance of longer-term employment
– Great working environment
– Monday to Friday 6.30am-3.30pm
– Occasional Saturday/overtime required.
– 37-hour week contract
– To provide a vehicle maintenance and repair service for the Council owned vehicle fleet.
– To maintain all vehicles to a level suitable to comply with current legislation and to maintain those vehicles at that level.
– To undertake repairs and maintenance to specialist vehicles within fleet.
– Work to strict deadlines in relation to service and safety inspection.
– To manage and organise the day to day running of the vehicle workshop.
– Supervision of workshop staff.
– City & Guilds Automotive Maintenance & Repair (NVQ Level 3 or above) or equivalent formal motor industry qualification.
– Previous workshop experience.
– Must have a full UK HGV driving licence .
– Basic reading and writing skills (able to read instructions and labels etc).
– Be able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
– Working knowledge of vehicle electrical faults and repairs and hydraulic systems.
– Good knowledge of Euro 6 emission systems and Cambus electrical systems.
– An understanding of Health and Safety issues.
– Substantive previous experience of working on both HGV and LGV.
– Welding experience.
If you are available for an immediate start, please submit your CV.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary contract
Contract length: 3 months
Salary: From £14.17 per hour
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- working on both HGV and LGV: 3 years (required)
Work Location: One location
Reference ID: ComRJSTC