Vacancy:Apprentice Learning Assistant
Greenwood Academies Trust
Salary: £9,279 FTE (£8,017 pro rata)
Fixed term for 24 months.
Working towards a Level 3 Teaching Assistant Standard, you will assist the class teacher to provide high quality teaching and learning support to pupils.
Main responsibilities (with support and under supervision):
- Supervising the activities of individuals or groups of pupil
- Assisting pupils with a variety of personal self-help skills
- Ensuring the health and safety of all pupils at all times
- Assisting pupils in the use of all classroom resources
- Preparing curriculum equipment and learning resources for the classroom
We are looking for someone with:
- excellent communication skills
- the ability to form good working relationships within a professional environment
- an understanding and awareness of the complex needs of the academy’s pupils
- a hands – on and practical approach to work
You will gain:
- full training for your role within the Trust
- continuous support with both your qualification and work tasks
The Dogsthorpe Academy, part of the Greenwood Academies Trust (GAT), is a junior academy situated in a diverse community in the north of Peterborough. It is led by the Principal, Julie Cranke, who aims to ensure that it delivers an exciting, innovative and creative curriculum that meets the needs of the pupils. All staff work hard to ensure that every pupil is supported and nurtured, helping them to develop the confidence and skills needed for the years ahead. In addition to the formal curriculum, pupils are also provided with a range of opportunities to follow their own interests and carry out individualised learning programmes.
You can be assured that you will be joining a successful Multi Academy Trust that has a great track record in helping children to succeed no matter what their background. The Trust is dedicated to valuing and developing the workforce whether that be through ensuring a fair workload or offering access to bespoke CPD from the Learning Alliance to enhance professional growth.
We believe in looking after the people who make a huge difference to our children, their families and the communities we serve. That’s why we give everyone who joins a Perkbox account – with 24/7 access to perks and discounts, plus curated wellbeing tools to look after your physical and mental health. It’s part of our commitment to look after you.
Here’s what you can look forward to:
- Hundreds of global and local perks, available online 24/7
- Shopping discounts from the biggest brands, all year round
- Save money on everything from the supermarket shop to summer holidays
- A free Employee Assistance Programme from Health Assured
If this post attracts sufficient interest before the closing date, we may decide to close and interview this vacancy at an earlier date, so an early application is advised.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks, therefore, all posts within the Trust are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. It is an offence to apply for a role if the applicant is barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
All adults employed by the Trust have a responsibility for data protection and have a duty to observe and follow the principles of the GDPR Regulations
The Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their Right to Work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. As part of our need to comply with UK immigration rules, you will be required to provide Home Office stipulated documentation prior to interview.