Trustee with Human Resources/Legal Responsibilities
Disability Huntingdonshire DISH
ApplyAsk a question
DISH provides benefits advice, guidance and support for older people and people with disabilities and their carers. Our mission is to enable individuals with disabilities to achieve independence and live with choice and dignity.
What will you be doing?
DISH has big ambitions and has experienced remarkable growth, and we are now looking for a trustee with HR/Legal experience to join our existing board. Our trustees provide valuable support to ensure that the charity has a clear vision, mission, and strategic direction.
The HR/Legal Trustee role involves:
- Ensuring that the charity complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- A commitment to ensuring the highest standards of governance in policies and practice related to employee relations, recruitment, retention, reward, and recognition as well as staff and trustee training and development.
- Assessing risks and measuring the impact of HR interventions.
- Implementing policies and practices in the context of furthering charitable objectives and evaluating impact.
- Ensuring long-term strategic oversight of the organisation’s personnel and staffing requirements.
- Ensuring that HR activities and interventions are linked to the charitable objectives and complement Disability Huntingdonshire’s culture.
- Contribution to policy setting, strategic direction, goal, and target setting, and evaluate performance against targets, budgets, plans and charitable objectives.
What are we looking
Qualifications and experience in HR/employment legal issues. An understanding of the UK charity sector. Able to demonstrate a good understanding of current developments in HR, staff and development training and recruitment. Good independent judgement and ability to think creatively.
What difference will you make?
Your expertise will support our strategic plans and ambitions so that DISH can continue to provide vital services to people in real need. This is an exciting time to join us and be a part of a great organisation who value and respect all staff and volunteers.
Before you apply
Please provide a cover letter detailing why you are interested in this role and your relevant experience.
ApplyAsk a question