Trustee willing to support disadvantaged children and young adults to access sailing and rowing on River Thames
The Ahoy Centre
ApplyAsk a question
We aim to change peoples lives through sailing and rowing, that in turn builds confidence to shape their future. Our primary objective is to offer opportunities for disadvantaged, at risk young people and disabled participants.
What will you be doing?
This is the 20th year of Ahoy. We have an ambitious strategic plan to enable the sustainability and growth of our services. We are reliant on grants, foundations and donations to deliver our programmes but plan to increase our commercial income including the letting of our hall, classrooms and commercial kitchen for events and the delivery of power boat and learning to row training. More land based activities for our youth beneficiaries too, all to complement the time spent gaining qualifications on the River Thames through rowing and sailing.
What are we looking
We are particularly seeking:
- someone from the River based community, who can support Ahoy to extend our reach and collaboration with similar rowing and sailing centres;
- applications from our local community in Deptford/ Greenwich, perhaps a parent or ex beneficiary, who can contribute from a customer perspective;
- someone with experience experience in education, who can support and open doors to help us be on the PE curriculum for all local schools;
- a Board Secretary, who can support the Chair with administrative requirements but to also contribute as a trustee
- others who can impress us with their commitment and drive
We are fully committed to becoming more diverse in the makeup of our Board and would welcome applications from the community that we serve.
What difference will you make?
This is a great role, much enjoyed by all current trustees. The main satisfaction is to hear personal stories and case studies of children and young adults whose lives have been transformed through the opportunities we offer them. We are seeking people to influence decision making, to support the Directors and staff team, to offer your own unique skill set to help us deliver our strategic plan and those who are willing to be ambassadors for Ahoy within the communities that we work.
Before you apply
Please provide a CV that includes skills and duties that are relevant to this position, along with a one page summary of why you are applying to join us. Initial on line interviews will be arranged as applications are received, with the intention of inviting candidates to Ahoy for the second stage to view our centre and meet staff. Final stage applicants will be invited to observe our Board meeting in April.
ApplyAsk a question