FEAST With Us
ApplyAsk a question
FEAST’s vision is Feeding and Empowering All Sustainably Together.
What will you be doing?
Thank you for your interest in becoming a trustee of FEAST With Us (FEAST)! We’re looking for passionate and talented people from diverse backgrounds to join the Board to help us achieve our mission to reduce food poverty and its root causes.
As FEAST continues to grow to respond to the increasing need, we are expanding our board to promote our future success in addressing our charitable goals. Primarily, we aim to appoint a new Chair, Treasurer, and Secretary and invite applications for additional trustee roles from people who can bring valuable skills and diverse experiences that would help us increase our charitable impact.
The trustee roles are voluntary, and we ask that you’re able to commit to providing at least 1-2 days per month to attend board meetings, and joint trustee and team meetings, mentor the operational team and act as a proactive ambassador for FEAST.
What are we looking
General Responsibilities as a Trustee:
- Along with the board, take legal responsibility for FEAST’s work
- Ensure compliance with the charitable governing document and the law
- Actively contribute to the board of trustees in giving firm strategic direction to FEAST: overall policy setting, developing the strategy, goal and target setting, and evaluating performance against targets, budgets, plans and charitable objectives.
- Ensure the effective and efficient administration of FEAST
- Safeguard the good name and values of FEAST, and act as an ambassador for FEAST
- Jointly with other trustees, hold the charity "in trust" for current and future beneficiaries
- Collaborate with and support trustees to act as a single body.
- Represent FEAST at functions and proactively seek opportunities for FEAST.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality about all aspects of the trustees’ business, bearing in mind the over-riding legal obligations placed upon trustees
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic leadership/mentorship as needed to the operations team, based on skills and experience
- Support strategic planning and goal and target setting with the Chair and Board of Trustees, and monitor performance
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with external organisations, in order to support Feast's fundraising, volunteer recruitment, and development need.
- A strong and visible passion and commitment to FEAST, its vision, mission and values
- Exhibit inter-personal and relationship-building abilities – comfortable in an ambassadorial role
- Demonstrate tact and diplomacy, with the ability to listen and engage effectively
- Working in an inclusive and non-hierarchal way
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and supportively as part of a small team
- Sound judgment and the ability to contribute to Board discussion and strategy and policy development
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
What difference will you make?
FEAST has an effective and scalable model of community meals and healthy eating programming, and its services are increasingly needed more urgently than ever to reduce the rising cases of food poverty. 1.9million Londoners endure food poverty with 32% families attending food banks. Elderly and diverse ethnic groups are over-represented at food aid services, along with lone parents and single men (The Food Foundation). Numbers are likely to have grown in the last year following the Covid-19 Pandemic and Cost of Living Crisis (Sustain), impacting FEAST service users and volunteers alike. FEAST has returned to its pre-Covid community meals model, and has initiated the healthy eating service, however there are more hostels and centres for vulnerable people requiring more support.
In response to the growing need, FEAST’s income has grown, and as such we have ambitious plans to expand our service to support those enduring food poverty. We are fortunate to be supported by loyal and new funders. 2023 is a transformative period for FEAST as we introduce new sustainable solutions promoting independence with nutrition, and complete research unveiling the specific dietary recommendations for vulnerable people.
Before you apply
Please send your CV and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
ApplyAsk a question