The GAP Arts Project
ApplyAsk a question
We are looking for an individual with finance and accountancy expertise to take on the role of our Treasurer and support us as we strengthen our financial reporting systems.
What will you be doing?
Our Treasurer will oversee financial reporting to the Board of trustees, including preparing and presenting quarterly financial reports at trustee meetings. Our Treasurer will also support us with budget planning, creating and communicating financial goals to key stakeholders and to utilise the work of our bookkeeper to enhance our financial planning.
Trustee meetings take place quarterly, often midweek, 6:30- 9pm. In between meetings trustees will need to set time aside to respond to emails, read paperwork and contribute to online discussions. The Treasurer will need to set aside time to produce financial reports and work with our bookkeeper in the lead up to trustee meetings and our annual accounting period.
What are we looking
We are looking for someone with accountancy and financial management skills passionate about using their skills to make a difference.
What difference will you make?
The benefits of being our Treasurer are:
- Contribute to the financial sustainability of a grassroots charity.
- Play a significant role in shaping the future of the organisation.
- Complimentary evening meal before trustee meetings.
- Access to relevant training, and annual organisation wide training days, free of charge.
- Invitations to events and activities run by The GAP.
- Opportunity to speak publicly and represent the organisation.
Before you apply
All applicants need to provide:
- A cover letter addressing which particular skills and experience you would contribute to our current period of growth and transition, why you want to apply and what makes you the ideal Treasurer for the role.
- Your CV
The deadline for applications is Monday 27 March 2023, 9am.
Shortlisting will take place Monday 27 March.
Interviews scheduled for 5pm onwards on Thursday 30 March and Friday 31 March.
ApplyAsk a question