Train Presentation Operative
Tyseley, West Midlands
As part of the Abellio Group, West Midlands Trains delivers around 1,300 train journeys a day, for more than 60 million passengers a year, across our two brands – West Midlands Railway and London Northwestern Railway.
We are committed to delivering a safe and reliable train service, by investing in our fleet of trains, stations and employees. As part of this investment we are looking to recruit a Train Presentation Operative, on a full-time, permanent nights basis, based in Tyseley.
What does the job involve?
- Use of specialist cleaning chemicals and equipment
- Take responsibility for Materials and equipment provided to carry out tasks required
- Complete audit sheets as required and report non-conformances to Traincare Supervisor
- Disposal of rubbish removed from trains in the appropriate location
- Remove full bin liners and re-line on train bins when found full or nearly full
- Fit seat reservation labels where required by local arrangements
What skills and experience do I need to do the job?
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail and pride in work
- Customer focused
- Able to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- Attention to detail
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- High standards of work
- Able to work shifts
- Knowledge of cleaning procedure
- Use of specialist chemicals.
- Driving License advantageous
- COSHH awareness & compliance
- PTS or Depot Safety, as applicable
- First Aid at Work (voluntary)
What are the salary and benefits?
- Final salary pension – one of the best pension schemes available
- Free travel on all our trains and those of other train companies within our parent group company – for you, your partner and any dependent children
- 75% off all other train company travel tickets
- Retail discounts
- Career development opportunities
Due to the volume of applications we receive the advert may close earlier than the published closing date. Please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid missing out.
As an inclusive employer, we welcome applications from all backgrounds and ensure no-one receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender, race/ethnicity, religion, belief and sexual orientation.
Applications will be considered from colleagues with 6 months experience, after completion of their probationary period and a full check of absence and disciplinary records.