Title:Care Assistant – Nights (21 hours)
Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust
Horsforth, West Yorkshire
We consider ourselves to be no ordinary care provider. With 350+ people working together and 100 years of history, people remain at the heart of what we do. By people, we mean the people we support, and you, the Care Assistants that make everything possible.
We're all about creating fulfilling careers for our people. It's why we provide a benefits scheme that actually benefits you, a long-term career that's motivating as well as rewarding, and a working environment that promotes a real feeling of togetherness.
It's more than just a benefits package, it's support where you need it most
Our benefits package goes above and beyond the standard list of perks offered by other care providers. It goes without saying that care work comes with its challenges. And yes, the role is highly rewarding, but when you're changing lives for a living we believe you deserve more! That's why we have developed a package that truly impacts your life both inside and outside of work.
The benefits package includes:
- Receive a £500 Welcome Bonus!
- 33 days paid holiday including bank holidays with the option to buy or sell more
- Wellbeing Hub, face-to-face counselling, access to staff network groups and an Employee Support Programme offering confidential support 24/7, 365 days a year
- Excellent Pension Scheme with a 6% employer contribution, plus Death in Service
- On-call, Overtime and Shift enhancement bonuses
- Fully funded coaching, mentoring, leadership and development programmes, plus NVQ 2 & 3 Certification support and increased pay
- Cost of living support with discounts and vouchers with 800+ retailers, utility services and supermarkets via the Rewards Portal
- Emergency Leave, Carers Leave and enhanced new-parent and adoption pay
- Health Care Cash Plan and gym membership discounts
- Free on-site parking, Season ticket Travel Loan and a Cycle To Work Scheme
It’s more than just a job, it’s a career
As you continue to develop in the role, JRHT will provide avenues for career progression and fully support you with training and the chance to gain care qualifications. Whether you’ve worked in care before or you’re switching careers, this is the ideal chance to learn new skills and really make a difference to peoples' lives!
Needless to say, we understand the challenges that care work can bring. However, we also understand the bigger purpose of care assistant work and what makes it an important career, not just a job. Care work is both challenging and rewarding, and it's the feeling of accomplishment when helping others that makes the hard moments truly worthwhile.
It's more than just a team, it's a family
The genuine sense of community and togetherness felt among our staff here is what makes it such a great place to work. Along with assisting residents and helping with day-to-day tasks, you’ll really get to know the people you support and become a familiar face to them and their relatives.
We're proud to provide an accepting work environment where people look out for each other and opinions and expressions are greatly encouraged. As a team, we guide each other, support one another and grow together as we journey towards common goals and all play a vital role in fulfilling JRHT's purpose.
We're seeking compassionate and resilient individuals to join the JRHT Care Assistant team. Here are some of the qualities that we look for:-
- Naturally motivated by helping other people
- To be dependable, diligent and reliable
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and the adaptability to excel in different situations
- Good time-management skills
- The flexibility to keep up with changing standards and codes of conduct
- A natural listener with excellent communication skills
- The ability to be decisive and remain calm under pressure
The Joseph Rowntree Foundation (JRF) is an independent social change organisation working to solve UK poverty. The Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust (JRHT) is a registered housing association and care provider in Yorkshire and the North East. JRF and JRHT are two important influencing organisations with an ambitious agenda for inspiring positive change in the UK in line with our vision of a prosperous and poverty free UK.
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
At JRF/JRHT we believe in giving everyone an equal chance to succeed. Applications are welcome from all regardless of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief, race, sex, sexual orientation, trans status or social economic background. We positively encourage applications from people with experience of living in poverty.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. This means that we are committed to the recruitment, progression and retention of disabled individuals. We shall also offer interviews to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the job. If you have a disability, please tell us if you would like to be considered for an interview under the Disability Confident Scheme.