Bramfield House School
Full Job Description
At OFG, we work smarter so you can spend more time doing the things you love!
Role: Therapy Assistant
Location: Halesworth, Suffolk
Contract: Permanent; Term Time Only
Salary: £20,000 – £23,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; Monday – Friday
We’re looking for a Therapies Assistant to join the team at Bramfield House School.
Someone with a holistic and integrated approach to care, education and clinical services would be perfect for this role.
About the school
Bramfield House School, Halesworth, supporting associated Residential Homes. Bramfield House School is a specialist provision for pupils with social, emotional, mental health, communication difficulties and associated challenging behaviours.
It is an all-boys establishment catering for an age range of 7-16 and is registered for 74 pupils. Situated in rural Suffolk, 10 minutes’ drive from the heritage coast. The residential accommodation consists of the main house sitting in 10 acres of gardens and 1 mile from the centre of the village of Bramfield. The classroom facilities are independently placed within the grounds and consist of purpose made specialist subject provisions.
The successful applicant will support the delivery of high quality educational and clinical provision within the residential homes and school sites. As directed by the Clinical Wellbeing Lead the role will involve the provision of advice, information and training to staff, other members of the clinical/wellbeing and multi-professional teams, commissioners and other agencies.
Multi-professional working is essential in our aim to provide a high-quality service that promotes the wellbeing and interests of the children and young people we support. The postholder will have the opportunity to work closely with other members of team, including with the onsite Speech and Language Therapist and Psychotherapists.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a committed and dynamic Therapies Assistant to join The Outcomes First Group. You would need to demonstrate drive, motivation and resilience and the ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams. Applicants must have:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s including English at Grade C or above
- Commitment to the values of the organisation
- Experience of working as an MDT, or a willingness to do this effectively
- Ability to work independently as agreed under supervision
- Ability to work within the boundaries of the role of Therapies Assistant
- Effective communication
- High level of professionalism
- Use of reflective and analytical thinking in assessment and therapeutic work
- Ability to work under pressure to drive a service forwards positively
- Clear and concise record keeping
- Ability to work with behaviour that challenges
- A driving license and car are essential due to the regional nature of the role.
Why Join Acorn Education and Care?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.