Temporary HR Business Partner Contract
HR Business Partner
Full-time temporary contract
£15 per hour
Purpose of role
* To be a member of the nominated client-directorate management team as a HR consultant and assist the Director and Heads of Service to implement people management and change processes within the Directorate and services, and act as the facilitator for the management team, coaching them on HR Practice.
* To work under the direction of the HR & OD Manager to take a lead in HR project work as required
* To work will all service areas to support Heads of Service to deliver their COVID response requirements through the provision of appropriate management information and reports.
* To work with Service Management teams as a HR consultant and assist Managers with the Transition into New Ways of Working (NWOW) and the introduction of an Agile Working Policy, acting as a facilitator for the management team, coaching them on best HR Practice.
* To play a key support role in the HR and OD team, providing support to the Organisational Development and cultural change plans for the Council as required.
* To proactively support and advise managers to deliver HR processes within the Council, coaching and helping Managers to ensure it is compliant with employment legislation and local and national Conditions of Service
* To advise and support Managers, through a coaching style, to manage complex and difficult HR Case Work including management of sickness absence, and self-isolation associated with Covid absences.
* To be key liaison in the design, implantation and delivery of HR practice changes associated with the regional Lancashire response to Covid identified through the Lancashire Resilience Form HR tactical teams.
* To research and contribute to the development of Corporate HR Policies to address service and/or legislative requirements .
* To take a lead role in the delivery of the New Ways of Working programme under the direction of the HR&OD Manager. This includes the design and development of HR policies and related Trade Union consultation.
* To take lead responsibility under the direction of the Principal HR & OD Business Partner for the monitoring and delivery of the Covid response workforce Health and Wellbeing Action Plan.
* To act as a single point of the contact on all HR related Covid Response matters for the employees and managers across all service areas.
* To develop and deliver HR training in all relevant areas of HR provision, as required, including the individual coaching of Line Managers, as appropriate, in line with the People Strategy, but in particular to New Ways of Working and Responses on Covid related
* To produce reports, statistics and bespoke letters as appropriate and general HR related filing and record management.
* To provide direct support to the Kickstart Team in relation to liaison with Payroll and any direct HR related advice.
* To assist in the delivery of organisational development needs as directed by the Principal HR & OD Business in relation to the People Strategy and related Learning and Development programmes.
* To assist the Principal HR & OD Business Partner with background work associated with the ambitious planned increase in apprenticeships across the Council’s workforce.
* To facilitate the management team to make effective HR decisions that meet the business needs of the service within legislative and procedural guidelines in all HR fields.
* To be part of the Corporate HR team, but specialise in the Covid Response agenda, New Ways of Working, Kickstart support and Covid Response Workforce Health and Wellbeing Plan.
* To assist with team workloads associated with disciplinary and grievance cases, workforce planning, employee engagement, project implementation. This will include the production of, or assisting Managers with the production of, associated written records such as Record of Decision templates, Attendance Management Hearing supporting documentation, including case review reports and hearing outcome letters etc.
* To represent HR at various internal and external meetings and forums as required.
* Certificate in Human Resources Practice (or equivalent CIPD qualification Level 3) OR evidenced practical HR / Personnel knowledge gained whilst working in a Human Resources environment
* Minimum qualification of GCSE English and Maths at grade 4-9 (C or above) including Maths and English (or equivalent comparable work experience)
* Advanced Diploma in Human Resources Management (or equivalent CIPD qualification Level 5) degree or equivalent.
* Proven experience of working in a Human Resources environment
* Excellent experience of understanding and interpreting detailed employment legislation, policies, practices and procedures
* Experience of advising managers on complex case work in relation to for example, Discipline, Grievance, Sickness management etc.
* Excellent up to date understanding and interpreting detailed employment legislation, policies, practices and procedures
* Experience of producing reports
* Experience of undertaking specific tasks and HR projects
* Excellent ICT skills, including ability to use Word, Excel,
* Outlook and other packages as required
* Experience of developing eLearning systems
* Ability to develop eLearning systems
* Planning and organising work
* Excellent organisational skills
* Excellent administration skills with a high level of attention to detail
* Ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines whilst working in frequently changing circumstances and conflicting priorities.
* Ability to handle confidential information
If you have the relevant experience, please apply directly!