Why does this role exist?
BRE is a world leading, multi-disciplinary, building science centre with a mission to improve buildings and infrastructure, through research and knowledge generation. We use our cutting-edge research and science to develop a range of products, services, standards and qualifications that are used around the world to bring about positive change in the built environment.
The BPS (Building Performance Services) team within BRE run a family of schemes who drive better, more sustainable practices and outcomes across the globe through sustainability assessment and certification. They draw together much of BRE’s work and have a reputation in numerous sectors, across a range of lifecycles and services, for providing trusted verification and benchmarking of performance.
The Certification and Operations team falls withing the wider BPS Operations team. Primarily undertaking technical audits for a range of schemes including SABRE and NABERS, with the team certify over a thousand BREEAM assessments each year. This role is crucial to the operation of our BREEAM certification business, ensuring that the robustness of our scheme is maintained and that our customers are provided with a professional, thorough and high-quality service.
* The position will be a flexi hybrid role consisting of remote (home) and in office work 2 days per week (based at our BRE Science Park in Watford)
Flexi Hybrid – Watford
Full Time, Permanent
Certification & Testing
Job Family Level
The value this role will add
- Undertaking desktop-based technical audits, working alongside translators as required
- Managing personal current workloads, prioritising as required
- Support customers via phone call, email and live chat
- Actively work on professional up-skilling whilst supporting the up-skilling of other team members, including training of new staff.
- Support the leadership team in maintaining high level performance, contributing to ongoing improvement of the QA process and maintain consistency throughout the team
- Maintenance of all relevant records and databases relating to certification work processed
- Other tasks as required by the needs of the operational team
How will success be measured?
- Conducting the minimum level of Quality Assurance Assessment reviews required per month.
- Maintaining turnaround times
- Customer satisfaction levels
What experience and skills does the role need?
- A proactive team player with the ability and initiative to work independently with little supervision.
- Super organised with the ability to manage a busy workload, along with excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Good customer service focus when dealing with both internal and external parties.
- Confidence in working within a fast-paced environment with good attention to detail and priority management
- Advance user in Microsoft Office, as well as confidence in being a quick learner for other in-house bespoke systems
- Ability to follow standard procedures and operational processes
- Knowledge of maintaining accurate administration records
- Broad knowledge across a range of technical, building related discipline, including a understanding of design and construction of buildings, their related impacts and solutions for mitigation.
- Previous knowledge and/or awareness of our products/brands, their customers/users and the wider construction industry.
- Different environmental assessment methods, BREEAM, NABERS, SABER or similar
- Auditing processes
We’re building a diverse and talented team at BRE because we know that different perspectives, experiences and skills will help us be more innovative and mean that we can help deliver effective solutions for our customers.
This is a non-exhaustive summary of your role and is non-contractual. In addition to the above, you may be required to undertake additional duties in order to properly execute your role. This job description is subject to variation from time to time in order to meet the changing needs and requirements of our industry, as well as customer and business demands.
The experience requirements above are provided for guidance purposes, however we would welcome applications from candidates with more or less relevant experience who can demonstrate their suitability for the role.
Whilst this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way.
Please also note that should we receive a large number of applications for the role, we may close the advert sooner than the specified closing date, so please do apply at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.