Team Manager – Warehouse
About The Role
Our Team Managers have the operation nailed. They're responsible for driving results through their teams. It's up to them to ensure their people are engaged, well managed and productive. It's fast and ever-changing – are you up for the challenge?
Reporting into the Department Manager, other tasks also include:
- Monitoring and driving KPIs and taking action to ensure they are all met on a daily and weekly basis
- Setting performance targets and reviewing progress and creating action plans to improve performance (including reducing of costs and the improvement of standards across all areas)
- Looking for solutions to problems and driving continuous improvement strategies
- Spotting and developing talent in your team through coaching and guidance
- Looking after colleague welfare and improving attendance standards
- Allocating task and holding daily shift briefs
As well as having a strong work ethic. You will also have:
- Management/Supervisory experience within a large scale production/warehouse operation, ideally across Food Manufacturing
- The ability to challenge decisions and behaviours to ensure consistency in service to our customers, and will demonstrate your ability to problem solve
- A proven track record of people management and delivering strong results through a team in a people management role
- Excellent communication skills
- Assertiveness with the ability to make decisions on the spot
- A can do attitude and a strong work ethic
- An understanding of cost models and experience of budgetary control and understand pest control management.
In return you'll get competitive pay rates, up to 6 weeks holiday (including bank holidays) and many benefits including a discount card for you and 2 more for friends or family members giving you 10% off your shopping in Morrisons. We also offer company share options, Retirement Saver, Free Life Assurance and much more.
About the site
Our purpose-built dual facility in Gadbrook manufactures fruit and vegetables all under the same roof.
Here at our fruit and vegetable pack house, we prepare 120 million packs of fruit, 75,000 tonnes of root vegetables and 12,000 tonnes of carrots every year. From mangos, kiwis and giant pineapples to broccoli, courgettes and cherry tomatoes, our 600 colleagues work a two-shift operation, getting everything ready for 76 of our stores.
About The Company
From a Bradford market stall to the UK’s 4th largest supermarket chain and the UK's 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer.
We are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK at just under 500 stores and an online home delivery service. Our 18 manufacturing sites provide our customers with the freshest produce from flowers, fish and veg to burgers and bread, all delivered to our stores via our 6 distribution sites by our 2,000 strong fleet.
Every week, 11 million customers pass through our doors and over 110,000 colleagues across the business work hard each day to deliver great service to them. We cover more than 11 million households with our Morrisons.com service. With competitive, permanently low prices we are committed to helping our customers save money every day.
We are foodmakers and shopkeepers and #wemakemorrisons.
Why not hear what our teams about got to say about life here at Morrisons: Click here!