Teacher of History – Full-time
Teacher of History – Full-time
- Pay:MPS/UPS commensurate with experience
- Start Date:September 2023
- App Close Date:27/03/2023 at 23:45
Are you an enthusiastic, inspiring teacher who can bring History to life and create a nurturing learning environment, within which everyone can reach their full potential? If so, join the Humanities team at The Hundred of Hoo Academy as a Teacher of History and you will be part of a highly successful, experienced and supportive department. This is a truly exciting time to be joining the academy as we expand in student numbers and welcome an additional class from September 2023.
We have a strong team ethos and believe in working collaboratively, sharing ideas and supporting each other to achieve great things and see this as the key to further developing innovative teaching and learning strategies. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join an academy which is committed to providing high-quality professional development opportunities and training and support.
We can be receptive to teachers joining us at varying stages in their career; whether you are a recently qualified teacher or one who has many years teaching experience, we can ensure that you are developed within the department and wider academy.
We’d like to hear from you if you are:
- An excellent teacher who is passionate about learning and has strong subject knowledge;
- A keen advocate for the importance of geography education as part of the curriculum;
- Have a high level of teaching experience and delivery of results, or are a Newly Qualified Teacher looking for their first position;
- Collaborative, able to build strong professional relationships;
- Able to motivate and inspire students and staff to achieve their full potential;
- Energetic and have a ‘can-do’ attitude;
- Confident, with strong career aspirations;
- Committed to the safeguarding and happiness and wellbeing of everyone at the Academy.
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity starting from September 2023.
Do you know a great teacher who would like to hear about opportunities with Leigh Academies Trust? If so, make a referral today for the chance to receive £100as a 'thank you'. Simply complete the referral form by clicking here. T&C's apply.
Information about the school
Working with our academy: The Hundred of Hoo Academy is a unique all-through academy with pupils from Reception up to Sixth Form. In September 2011, The Hundred of Hoo converted to academy status. Just one year later, Ofsted judged the academy as “good with outstanding features” recognising the relentless focus and ambition that we have. In September 2015 the academy welcomed its first Reception class thereby extending its age range to 4-year-old children. This exciting provision demonstrates the academy’s sense of ambition to serve the community where pupils’ academic journey represents a cradle to university principle.
The Hundred of Hoo Academy is a high achieving institution. Our last Ofsted inspection notes “Leaders’ clear determination and unwaveringly high expectations ensure a culture of continual improvement.”, that Hundred of Hoo’s “well-established learning routines support teachers’ high expectations for pupils’ conduct and engagement with their learning”. We were graded a ‘Good’ school with ‘Outstanding’ leadership and behaviour and it is our vision to become ‘Outstanding’ in every category.
The Hundred of Hoo Academy is a dynamic and exciting place to work and the fantastic leadership team are committed to making it great for people at all stages in their careers. Our building and facilities are a mix of designs giving the academy a unique and special character, and our new Special Resource Provision building opening this summer.
At The Hundred of Hoo Academy we are offer:
- Coaching and support.
- A bespoke CPD programme.
-Complementary staff wellbeing activities.
- Free use of the sports facilities.
- A thriving social and community ethos.
We believe that children and adults flourish when they learn and work as members of a supportive, cohesive community built on high expectations, rigour, mutual respect and pride in their own and each other’s achievements.
We believe that:
- All children are entitled to access a world class education
- Everyone, regardless of background or starting point, can achieve the highest academic standards
- Children should be equipped with values, attitudes and attributes that will serve them well to be lifelong learners.
- All members of staff deserve great challenge and support on their journey to becoming masters of their craft.
"The Hundred of Hoo is quickly becoming known as a centre with high expectations, high standards and high achievements. Throughout every element of academy life; our ethos about what we do, what we believe in and what we value, is clear. Above all else, we are about children and young people, their learning and their needs which is encapsulated in our strapline; “Aspire, Achieve, Excel”. We are about the whole child. We are a school which is child centred, and so all our efforts, our work and our endeavours revolve around the achievement of each pupil’s potential, academically, socially and emotionally." Primary Principal Mike Etheridge
"We combine good manners and etiquette with 21st Century innovation and creativity to support our vision of creating a community that aspire to the very highest standards, achieve to the best of our ability and excel in all that we do. I genuinely care about the life chances of all young people, and as the Principal of The Hundred of Hoo Academy, I find the prospect of being instrumental in raising aspirations and attainment in this community enormously exciting. I am proud to work in education and believe that at the centre of everything we do is the individual child. Our staff are committed, caring and professional in all that they do as practitioners." – Secondary Principal Carl Guerin-Hassett