Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 15 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Finance Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Finance Office (CFO) processes millions of transactions a month that enable us to interact efficiently with our suppliers, customers, trading partners and regulators. We make sure that the Company is properly funded and well controlled, that our taxes are paid and that shareholders and banks continue to support our plans. Our commercial teams help ensure that the business takes sound decisions through robust planning, careful pricing, sound contracts, skilled procurement and rigorous evaluation of every major business decision.
Primary role purpose:
We are currently presenting an exciting opportunity for a fully qualified tax accountant to join the Direct Tax team, which is part of the wider Global Tax and Treasury team and sits within Inmarsat’s CFO. The Global Tax and Treasury team is outward-facing, proactively collaborating with other parts of the Finance Division and the wider business to manage Inmarsat’s tax affairs.
The role reports to the UK Tax Manager and supports management of the Group’s tax affairs, ensuring compliance with global tax requirements and delivery of tasks prior to internal and external tax deadlines. The role involves both tax compliance and reporting responsibilities, as well as assistance with ad hocprojects. It will entail working with teams across all Divisions of the Inmarsat Group on tax issues.
- Support the Tax Manager to prepare and review the Group’s UK corporation tax computations, including extraction and analysis of financial information from SAP (general ledger system used by the Group).
- Review an analysis of the Group’s Controlled Foreign Companies, CIR and Group Relief profile.
- Prepare documentation to support Senior Accounting Officer compliance, plus other projects that feed into the UK corporation tax returns process (e.g. claims under the UK R&D, capital allowances and Patent Box regimes).
- Calculate and arrange quarterly tax payments in the UK.
- Prepare the quarterly and annual tax provision for the Group’s consolidated financial statements.
- Reconcile the current and deferred tax balance sheet, including analysis of the Group’s Uncertain Tax Position profile.
- Preparation of the monthly management reporting process for tax, including forecasting of tax charge and cash tax on a monthly basis and drafting of supporting commentary.
- Calculate true-up adjustments required for quarter-end and year-end tax provisions, following submission of tax returns.
- Preparation current and deferred tax disclosures for the statutory accounts of the Group’s UK legal entities.
- Compute the forecast effective tax rate as part of the Group’s annual Budget process.
- Assist in responding to enquiries from HMRC and worldwide tax authorities.
- Provide tax advice to the business where necessary, including a quarterly review of short-term business visitors into the UK and the annual PAYE settlement agreement.
- Maintain effective and efficient tax processes and controls, with appropriate documentation.
- Keep up-to-date on recent developments in UK tax legislation and accounting standards.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- A qualified accountant with a professional certification (ideally ACA, CTA or ACCA).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to create relationships across departments and business units.
- Understanding and practical experience of tax accounting under IFRS.
- Able to work independently but also collaborate with colleagues to deliver outstanding work.
- Team player with a desire to build a culture of performance excellence.
- Experience of corporate taxation, whether UK or international tax
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with accounting or tax software (SAP, Longview)
- Experience gained in a large accountancy firm or multinational in-house tax department
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our culture and ways of working
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to behaviours that support our values, which create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Customer – we provide a unique value to our customers
- Accountability – we take ownership, we deliver results, and we keep our promises
- Respect – we collaborate, we embrace and celebrate diversity and we value difference
- Excellence – we create bold solutions for our customers and put quality at the heart of everything we do
We also value and encourage a healthy work-life balance, so we offer flexible working wherever possible. Depending on the operational requirements of your job and your team, we can offer compressed hours (nine-day fortnight), hybrid office-remote working, and flexibility during your working day to take care of personal commitments.
At Inmarsat we want the best people for the job, and we warmly welcome applications from you if you’re suitably qualified and eligible, regardless of your sex, gender, age, race, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, gender identity, neurodiverse qualities, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, or maternity status.
Inmarsat is signed up to the Halo Hair Code, which aims to protect employees who come to work with natural hair and protective hairstyles associated with their racial, ethnic, and cultural identities.
To give you the best experience possible during your application process and interview, we can make adjustments. For example, if you’re visually impaired we’ll happily meet you locally and help you find your way to our office, or if you have neurodiverse qualities, we can provide you with additional support to help you prepare for your interview. Please let our Resourcing Team know if there are any ways in which we can support you.
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Lloyds Banking Group