Fully remote or hybrid
To assist in the administration of on-prem business infrastructure and cloud services for the company. The position is responsible for supporting and maintaining the server environments, hardware, operating systems, network infrastructure, switches and firewalls plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware, software, and services. There will also be a focus on managing and configuring Microsoft defender tools, such as Microsoft 365 Defender and Defender for Endpoint.
- Troubleshoot complex issues by analysing root causes and evaluating options.
- Set up and configure Windows servers in both physical and virtual instances.
- Administer and maintain corporate infrastructure, including Windows Server 2012/16, Active Directory + Azure Active Directory, Office 365, LAN, WiFi, Internet access, firewalls, Exchange 2016+, SCCM.
- Assist in the configuration and management of MS security tools, including Microsoft 365 Defender and Defender for Endpoint.
- Assist the Infosec Team in managing security-related activities and requirements.
- Manage the VMware 7.0+ Infrastructure.
- Ensure that voice and data services work and are maintained effectively.
- Perform and analyse health checks for infrastructure and services.
- Monitor and troubleshoot server and network performance.
- Manage backup (Acronis) and disaster recovery systems & processes.
- Escalate IT issues to management where necessary.
- Monitor web and email filters (Mimecast) when necessary.
- Take up small to large sized IT projects when applicable.
- Integrate solutions with applications & platforms based on requirements.
- Keep operational documentation up-to-date and maintain an internal wiki/knowledgebase for issues and remediations.
- Uphold security standards and procedures for on-premise infrastructure and systems.
- Ensure infrastructure assets (software/hardware) are recorded & maintained.
- Exchange server mailbox maintenance, including archiving mailboxes.
- Excellent written, visual and verbal communication skills.
- Able to set up Servers and Services from scratch, Cloud and On-Premise.
- Knowledge of Windows server operating systems, deployed in the networked business environment, with 100’s of users.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Domain Systems – AD, AAD, ADFS etc.
- Knowledge of VMWare 7.0+.
Benefits of working with Animal Friends
- We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays and we give you your birthday off
- 95% of our employees own pets, we’re able to provide up to 50% off insurance along with free access to our Vet consultation app JOII
- We believe looking after employees’ health is important, so we offer discounts on gym membership, access to a Wellbeing hub and a health care cash plan, and private medical insurance
- 8% pension enrolment
- We like to celebrate success and recognise excellent employee performance; we will donate £3k to the charity of our employee of the quarter’s choice
- Most importantly, you`ll be working with a courageous, passionate, and kind-hearted team
Animal Friends Pet Insurance Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions, and sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
As an FCA-regulated business, we require successful applicants to clear our pre-employment screening process which includes a credit check and references checks.
Sys Admin | SCCM | Firewalls | VMware | Cloud |AD | Networking | Windows |