Surgical Coordinator – Colorectal
Main duties of the job
- Responsible for the accurate typing / Interpretation of correspondence including patient letters and onward referrals, which includes sensitive information, from audio tapes or Fluency voice recognition systems, onto the hospitals electronic records system.
- Providing assistance to the Colorectal secretary’s during periods of annual/sick leave and maintaining systems currently in place to obtain patient’s notes and/or x-rays from other hospitals/locations in time for outpatient consultations.
- Responsible for receiving patient queries, written or verbal. Responding and resolving such queries and ensuring patients’ needs are met, escalating within agreed protocols as required.
- Responsible for the filing of investigations and letters into patient’s notes.
- To assist in the collection of patient’s notes at the end of clinics and in preparation for admissions.
- Communicating with Colorectal secretaries and the admin team lead on a regular basis regarding current workload priorities.
- To support the department with other general admin tasks as requested.
Our commitment to you:
We are committed to equality and diversity in both the provision of our services and how we recruit and manage our staff. Applications are encouraged from everyone with the necessary attributes for the job, irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity.
Happy to Talk Flexible Working – all requests for flexible and part time working will be considered.
- HHFT is committed to putting the safety and care of our patients first – as well as helping us to protect you and your colleagues. Therefore, we would recommend that you are vaccinated against COVID-19 and that you understand that we are treating COVID-19 positive patients within our services.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted at least 5 working days before the scheduled interview date. Applications will be submitted directly into our preferred third party recruitment system (Trac). All subsequent information regarding your application will be generated from apps.trac.jobs via email – please ensure to check your junk/spam folders.
- All new staff will be subject to a probationary period covering their first six months in post.
- In compliance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, all applicants must be able to communicate fluently in English to an appropriate standard which will be assessed as part of the selection process.
- This vacancy may close before the current listed closing date. If you intend to apply you are advised not to delay submitting your completed application.
- Please kindly note: if you have applied for this role within our Trust in the last 3 months and have not been successful your new application may not be considered.