Support Worker – Floating
Weston Coyney, Staffordshire
Tired of the standard 9-5? Looking for a career & not just a job? Not getting the recognition you deserve in your current role?
Come and join us here at Discovery, our mission statement is ‘better lives for more people’ this reflects not only for the wonderful people we support but also our amazing colleagues! We are looking to build on our amazing team of floating support colleagues, where no 2 days will be the same! We will support and training you up to be able to support the amazing people in & around the Somerset area. You could be Marys shopping partner on a Tuesday & then dancing partner by night, or supporting Fred on Saturday to his hydro & sensory sessions then into his favourite PJs for a moving night at home.
As well as supporting people to maintain their home & wellbeing, we support and encourage people to be individuals, to be a contributing part of their community and to get what they want from their lives.
If you are not only looking for a career but looking to leave every day with the amazing feeling that you are making a positive difference to someone’s life, then what are you waiting for? Apply now or call the recruiting managers 0300 303 9090 for further information.
Due to the geographical coverage, ability to drive would be preferred but not essential.
- Competitive hourly rate currently £11.50 per hour
- Paid mileage currently 45p per mile
- Up to 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Life assurance
- Employee perks include discounted shopping, cinema, holidays and days out
- Full comprehensive training scheme with opportunities to progress your career with qualifications that are nationally recognised
- We offer a salary advance scheme where you can access up to 50% of the money you've earned before payday
Why to choose Discovery?
- We want you to be happy to work within our values of ambition, courage, integrity, partnership and respect
- We welcome applications from everyone who has the right to work in the UK, and value diversity in our workforce
- Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled
- Dimensions is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Dimensions are Disability Confident Committed and we guarantee to interview all applicants who let us know they have a disability and meet the minimum essential criteria for this role.
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.