Wyngarth Court, Lancaster
37.5 hours per week
Do you want a role where no two days are the same and you will be making a real impact to the lives of our residents?
Are you passionate about supporting people?
Can you work under pressure and manage challenging situations?
If this sounds like you then we may have your perfect opportunity!
We have a great opportunity at Wyngarth Court for a Support Assistant to join our established and experienced team. At Wyngarth Court, we provide supported housing to help people with mental health needs to build their skills, confidence and self-esteem, and live as independently as possible.
We provide a comprehensive induction programme as well as on-going training to develop new and existing skills and encourage progression. Sanctuary has their own Learning and Development Academy, who provide a wide range of training courses, open to all.
Sanctuary also has a great employee Rewards scheme, where you will be able to receive a variety of discounts from major retailers.
The role of Support Assistant will include:
- Providing a high quality, hands-on support service
- Supporting residents to build the confidence they need to gain further independence
- Encouraging residents to develop their daily living skills such as cooking, cleaning, shopping and being part of their community
- Working with colleagues and partner agencies to achieve the best outcome for our residents
- Maintaining a safe environment for residents, providing support in accordance with relevant regulations, procedures and practices
Skills and experiences:
- Personalised approach to care, ideally with experience of working with vulnerable people
- You will be empathetic and non-judgmental with a positive approach to managing challenging behaviour
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer care skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise and organise workload
- Good listening skills and the ability to solve problems, allowing you to form positive relationships with people
- NVQ level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care, or willing to work towards
Why work for Sanctuary Supported Living?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services, floating support and telecare services. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities, people with mental health needs and older people.
Ready to join Sanctuary Supported Living?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Supported Living a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays)
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- £10.43 per hour
We are proud to support the Department of Health and Social Care’s ‘Made with Care’ campaign to encourage more people to apply to work in adult social care. If you’re considering a caring career, we have many rewarding roles at Sanctuary Supported Living. For more information on the campaign click
Closing Date: 26 March 2023
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for Sanctuary Supported Living, take a look at ourTwitter feed or search #LifeatSanctuary
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.