Store Team Member
Our Store Team Members deliver outstanding customer service by greeting customers, assisting with product queries and providing a prompt service with a smile.
Store Team Members at Home Bargains cover a range of store duties including customer service, stock replenishment, cash handling and helping to maintain excellent store standards.
Candidates will be hardworking, enjoy working in a retail store and have experience of cash handling and processing deliveries.
Successful candidates are provided with on-the-job training and gain essential transferable retail skills.
If you are honest and reliable and take pride in what you do then we would love to hear from you!
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrate a good understanding of customer service
- Experience of cash handling and working in a retail environment
- Experience of manual handling and stock replenishment
- Hardworking and reliable
- Polite and professional
For applications to be considered, applicants are required to have a complete and up-to-date Home Bargains Careers Centre profile and to respond to the job application questionnaire when prompted.
Applicants that are invited to attend a face-to-face interview must present original documentation demonstrating their eligibility to work in the UK, along with other specified documents.
Please note, as we expect to receive a high volume of applications for this vacancy, you are advised to submit your fully completed application at the earliest opportunity, as the closing date may be brought forward.
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year including bank and public holiday allowance rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 years' service
- Contributable Company pension scheme
- Staff uniform
- 10% store discount
- Access to social and sporting events
MyHB employee benefits platform with access to:
- Retail and leisure discounts plus hundreds more
- Free Financial Advice
- Bank your savings into an ISA
- 24/7 confidential counselling and advice line
- Low cost voluntary insured health plans
Store Team Member rates of pay are dependent on age, and range from £6.81 per hour for 16-17 year olds, £8.26 per hour for 18-20 year olds, £9.65 per hour for 21-22 and £9.90 per hour for those 23 and over.
Available contracted hours are 8 -16 hours per week.