Speech & Language Therapist
Full Job Description
At OFG, we work smarter so you can spend more time doing what makes you happy!
Job Title: Speech and Language Therapist
Salary: £50,000 per annum (Pro Rata)
Contract: Permanent, Term Time Only
Hours: 2 – 3 days per week, 8.30-4.30
Become a Speech and Language Therapist at 3 Dimensions School, Chardleigh House, Chard part of Options Autism and start working towards yours.
About the role
We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist to join our in-house Clinical Team at our brand 3 Dimensions School site based in Chard. Working collaboratively, you will deliver bespoke assessment and intervention plans for our children and young people with developmental trauma, autism, ADHD, complex and SEMH needs.
You will be responsible for holding the speech and language therapy caseload at 3 Dimensions School, Chard. With the full support of our well-established and knowledgeable Clinical Team, you will also contribute to staff training, consultation and reflective practice. Both a challenging and rewarding role, this position would suit a resilient and enthusiastic individual, with a therapeutic approach and the ability to make decisions, as well as manage their own workload.
Our well-established Clinical Team, maintain a nurturing and loving environment where our children can flourish. Always putting our children and young people at the forefront of everything they do. All our settings maintain a strong safeguarding culture, and our children and young people are heard, respected and involved in decisions that affect them wherever possible.
When it comes to looking after our children, we strive for excellence, which is why we are the leading children services provider in the UK. With this in mind, we are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist who shares our vision; to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world.
3 Dimensions School is an approved, independent special school for students aged 7 – 25 years. Our approach enables each young person to achieve their full potential. Education programs are individualised and personalised to each and every young person.
- Recognised Speech & Language Therapy degree
- Valid and up to date HCPC Registration
- Registered member of RCSLT
- Previous experience of paid or voluntary work within a trauma or complex needs setting
- Clear and concise report writing relating to clinical and research activities
- Hold a full UK driving licence, with access to a car (Desirable)
- Experience within the specialist client group. (complex communication issues relating to autism, including language disorder, dyspraxia, sensory impairment, learning disabilities/difficulties and associated challenging behaviour) (Desirable)
- Experience of multi-professional work with teams or services within the designated speciality preferred. Newly qualified candidates will be considered.
- Ability to work independently
For further information on this role please refer the Job Description and Person Specification attached. To discuss this role in more detail, please contact: [email protected].
Why join Options Autism?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.