Speech and Language Therapist
Ashley Park School
Full Job Description
Work less hours to do the stuff you love doing!
Job Title: Speech and Language Therapist
Location: Ashley Park School, Walton on Thames, KT121LE
Salary: £29,751 – £50,000 per annum dependent on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract: Permanent, Term Time Only
We understand the value of helping our employees to achieve their Continued Professional Development goals, and offer a £2,000 training allowance to allow you to complete role specific training tailored to your individual requirements.
About the role
Due to a recent expansion, we are looking for an experienced Speech and Language Therapist to join our Clinical Hub, working as a key integrated member of our clinical and education team in our brand new Ashley Park School. In this exciting new role, you will work collaboratively to deliver bespoke assessment and intervention plans for young people with complex communication needs, autism and associated learning and emotional needs.
You will implement a holistic, therapeutic approach to helping our children and young people in their daily lives, ensuring they are safe, comfortable, and healthy. Undertaking all aspects of Speech and Language Therapy clinical duties, you will adhere to professional and regulatory guidelines, carrying out specialist individual assessments and interventions, and preparing relevant documentation, including writing reports. A significant element of this role will be working alongside the onsite clinical team to establish the clinical service provision for the school include providing support and training to staff and parents.
Our well-established multidisciplinary Clinical Hub Team maintain a nurturing and loving environment where our children can flourish. Always putting our children and young people at the forefront of everything they do. All our settings maintain a strong safeguarding culture, and our children and young people are heard, respected and involved in decisions that affect them wherever possible.
When it comes to looking after our children, we strive for excellence, which is why we are the leading children services provider in the UK. With this in mind, we are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist who shares our vision; to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world.
Location: Ashley Park School, Walton on Thames
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland and Wales with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
We are really proud to say that in October 2021, Outcomes First Group were officially certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’ for the third year running.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care and Options Autism.
For more information on the group please visit: https://www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk/
- Recognised and relevant Speech and Language Therapy degree
- Valid and up to date HCPC registration
- Experience within the specialist client group. (complex communication issues relating to autism, including language disorder, sensory impairment, learning disabilities/difficulties and associated challenging behaviour)
- Experience of working within an educational setting would be advantageous
- Relevant post-qualification experience working as a Therapist
- Skills in co-working, liaison and consultation with others, especially with regard to highly complex cases
- Specialist knowledge of SaLT assessments and interventions
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, complex, technical and clinically sensitive information to the specific client group, their carers and families and a wide range of professionals outside the service
For further information on this role please refer the Job Description and Person Specification attached. To discuss this role in more detail, please contact: [email protected]
Why work for us?
Alongside working with a network of clinical colleagues with regular forums for peer reflection and practice development, Outcomes First Group offer an array of flexible benefit options.
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.