Special Events Manager
NFP People Limited
Special Events Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Special Events Manager to devise and deliver the charity’s fundraising and stewardship events programme.
Position: Special Events Manager
Location: Aldgate, London (hybrid)
Contract: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £38,100 per annum
Closing Date:30th March 2023
About the Role
As Special Events Manager, you will devise and deliver the fundraising and stewardship events programme, designed to deepen the relationships with existing supporters, engage prospective supporters and demonstrate the impact of the organisations work.
Some other main responsibilities of the role include:
- Play a major role in the development and realisation of the fundraising strategy, by leading an ambitious fundraising and stewardship events programme
- Project manage a number of events throughout the year, from roundtables to large-scale conferences, leading on all aspects of event delivery
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and with service users to conceptualise, plan and deliver events to ensure all events meet our wider organisational aims
You will have experience of project managing a portfolio of special events, including successful fundraising events with a proven track record of establishing relationships with a range of stakeholders, including high value stakeholders such as major donors.
You will also have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate clearly, assertively and sensitively, working with a wide range of people at all levels both in writing and verbally
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a proactive approach and mind-set
- Numerate with experience of preparing and managing budgets
- Experience of using fundraising CRM systems
- Ability to manage projects within a complex organisation
- Ability to work under pressure, to strict deadlines with sound attention to detail
- Empathy with and understanding of Hestia’s charitable causes
What the charity offers:
- Holiday allowance of 25days/195hours per annum plus 8days/62.4hours public holidays (pro rata), plus the option to buy 3 extra weeks of leave
- Company Pension
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Rewards exclusive membership
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing support tools including our Employee Assistance Programme, Flexible working (including holiday trading and TOIL) and some roles include Clinical Supervision
- Other benefits such as Eye care vouchers, Travel/Season Ticket Loans and Cycle to work scheme (with up to 40% savings on a new bike).
If applicable to the role, the charity will also support you on joining the existing ASYE (Assisted and Supported Year in Employment) programme if you are interested and fit the criteria.
About the Organisation
The charity supports adults and children in crisis across London and the surrounding regions and campaign and advocate nationally on the issues that affect them. This includes victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people.
The organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults, children and young people who are potentially at risk, and all staff and volunteers are expected to do the same. All staff will undertake internal and external safeguarding training throughout their employment.
If offered a role, you will be issued a conditional offer based on satisfactory references and an Enhanced disclosure/DBS check.
Guaranteed interview scheme
Hestia operates a guaranteed interview scheme for all applicants with disabilities (including long term health conditions) who meet the minimum criteria for this role.
We recommend that you apply at your earliest convenience as applications are screened as they are received. The charity may also contact unsuccessful applicants regarding other suitable opportunities.
The charity is a disability confident employer, committed to the employment and career development of individual with disabilities. As part of this commitment, they operate a guaranteed interview scheme for all applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum criteria for the role they have applied for and will also accommodate reasonable adjustment during the selection and interview process and throughout your employment with us.
You may have experience in roles such as Fundraising, Events Fundraising, Challenge Fundraising, Events, Events Marketing, Events and Marketing, Fundraising Officer, Events Fundraising Officer, Challenge Fundraising Officer, Events Officer, Events Marketing Officer, Events and Marketing Officer, Fundraiser, Events Fundraiser, Fundraising Manager, Events Fundraising Manager, Challenge Fundraising Manager, Events Manager, Events Marketing Manager, Events Fundraising Manager, Challenge Fundraising Manager.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is being advertised by NFP People on behalf of the organisation.