Shop Manager Thetford
Are you creative? Do you have a passion for fashion? Can you deliver great customer service? Yes….then will you join us?
We are excited to be looking for a Shop Manager for our Thetford store. We are happy to offer this as a Full Time position (37.5 hours per week) or 2 Part Time positions (22.5 hours per week as a job share) for the successful candidate.
As Shop Manager you will:
- help develop in store systems and promote donations and sales to maximise profits
- be representing Mencap as an efficient and charitable organisation by ensuring that your actions reinforce the Mencap aims and values
- strive to ensure stock is generated from the local area and donors
- sign up donors to the Gift Aid scheme and ensure maximum income is achieved through Gift Aid
- be responsible for achieving profit targets by ensuring sales are maximised and the cost are effectively managed
- Maintain the store to a high standard of presentation throughout.
- build an effective volunteer team and provide training, development, work reviews and appraisals to paid staff and volunteers
- Be responsible for all financial and cash handling and health and safety.
To be a successful Shop Manager, you will be
- an experienced manager with the ability to maintain budgets and complete weekly income and banking sheets accurately
- Have a flexible approach to working hours and days including working weekend and Bank Holidays as appropriate.
- Willing to travel to occasional team meetings, training events and in assisting with setting up other new stores.
- Passionate about the Mencap values and will strive to ensure our Retail brand is successful.
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge and want to work for an organisation that strives for excellence, we want to hear from you!
At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us. Together we are Mencap!
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader and welcome applicants with disabilities to apply for all roles with us. To find out more about the scheme please visit the direct gov website.
Job ID: 28286
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 24 days holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions up to 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings. If you don’t join the Plan you start, you will be auto-enrolled after three months with us.
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap Extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract
We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. Everyone wants a purposeful job – to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. We want to make you feel inspired to reach your potential.
Our work includes;
- providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
- providing advice through our help lines and web sites