Senior Tester – Solution Testing
We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky.
What you'll do
- Collaborate closely with product owners and partners to review acceptance criteria and specifications
- Perform a range of behavioural driven development (BDD) activities and provide test estimates and test reports to essential team members
- Be the gatekeeper for quality of software into production and drive 3 amigo sessions and ensure testing is conducted early in partnership with the Developers
- Define and create new automation test scripts
- Work closely with the Test Lead to bring about positive change via the test chapter
- Provide & lead a test strategy within your core team
- Mentor and provide guidance to more junior members of the team
- Attend, contribute and where appropriate, deputise within Agile ceremonies
What you'll bring
- Substantial industry experience working in a Tester role across a variety of projects
- Design and development experience of test automation frameworks, such as Cucumber, Behave or Karate
- Experience working with APIs, Data mocks and Proxy tools e.g. Chares Proxy
- Hands on knowledge working with Docker and adept around usage of integration test tools; Postman preferred
- Some experience working with CDNs such as Akamai and mobile/web testing exposure is preferred
- Good understanding of non-functional requirements/testing (performance, security, accessibility)
- Know how of the key values and principles of Agile, including purpose of ceremonies and Agile estimating and planning
Team overviewProduct Delivery
Want to deliver brilliant products and unmissable entertainment that grips millions of households? Our 1000 strong, Product Delivery team does everything from developing innovative AI technology to creating the best HDR viewing experience for TV products. From Sky Go to Sky Q & Sky Glass, we take our products to the next level and make them more agile and reliable with every release.
There's one thing people can't stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here's a taster:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- The magic of Sky Glass at an exclusive rate
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Inclusion & how you'll work
Recognised by The Times and Stonewall, we take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion. Investing in society, fighting racial injustice and setting ambitious targets for representation at Sky.
We've embraced hybrid working and split our time between unique office spaces and the convenience of working from home. You'll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later on in the recruitment process.
Your office space
Our spacious tech hub is less than a mile from Leeds train station. There's plenty of parking in the surrounding streets and at the nearby CitiPark.
Need a break? You can blow off steam over a game of pool or table tennis, and stay fit at our subsidised gym.
We'd love to hear from you
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It's a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn't stop at what we do, it's how we do it, too. We embrace each other's differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we'll back you all the way.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.