Senior Specialist Support Worker 23/16
Imagine Independence is a leading third sector organisation, passionate about supporting people with mental illness, neurodiversity, learning disabilities, and behaviours that challenge to live as part of their community. Imagine exists to challenge the stigma that having a mental illness or learning disability still brings. Imagine supports people to live meaningfully by nurturing their individuality and recognising the power of small steps.
Do you want to become part of this amazing organisation?
Imagine now needs Senior Specialist Support Workers who will provide support to individuals with a variety of different needs and conditions. This may include learning disabilities, autistic spectrum disorders, complex behaviour, mental health conditions, and acquired brain injuries, physical disabilities, and neurological impairments, psychiatric and clinical needs. This is a great time to join, as we continue to expand our services across the north-west of England and beyond. The role of support worker includes an expectation to support individuals with all their daily living requirements including support with personal care. If you have patience, compassion and willingness to make a difference in someone’s life then we would like to hear from you. For an initial chat, please call Jen Cottrell on 07918 287412 or Lorraine Riley on 07909 255656.
Senior Specialist Support Workers will take a leading role within the staff team to provide support to individuals with a variety of different needs and conditions which may include mental health conditions, learning disabilities, acquired brain injuries, physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorders, neurological impairments, psychiatric and clinical needs,complex behaviour and other needs. The level of support will vary according to the agreed level of support required. You will assist people to live as tenants and citizens in the local community; provide personalised support in line with the individual’s person-centred plan and their rights, choices and responsibilities. For example:
- To see the people we support as valued customers of our service
- To support people by planning ‘with them’ and not ‘for them’ and support to make informed choices
- To create a support package that is holistic and led by the needs and preferences of each individual person
MAIN DUTIES under the guidance of the Manager
- To work with individuals in transition from hospital to a community setting according to their care and support plan.
- Take part in helping people draw up & follow their person-centred plan; follow set Positive Behaviour Support Plans
- Work in partnership with others to allow independence of choice
- To act with integrity and to identify opportunities to celebrate achievements to allow a positive, respectful and trusting relationship to grow and support people to improve their confidence and self esteem
- Support people to make informed choices around a healthy lifestyle including physical health and improving self-care
- Support people to manage their own physical, mental health and wellbeing in a positive manner
- Support people to meet their leisure, work, social, emotional and spiritual needs; access community activities
- Support people to manage finances to meet domestic responsibilities and personal aspirations
- To support with domestic tasks and practical issues such as dealing with neighbours and keeping their house clean
- Support people to access other services and attend, as appropriate, case conferences, reviews etc
- Support people to maintain the safety and security of their home
- To prompt individuals and undertake personal care duties as required.
- To write up and record activities undertaken
- To complete risk assessment in accordance with Imagine policy and procedure
- To follow any restraint, break away safeguards in place detailed in care plan required by the individual
- To report any significant change in client’s health, behaviour, wider situation to a manager & liaise with clinical teams
- To treat all people with dignity and respect; promote an environment free from bullying, harassment & intimidation
- To take responsibility for own health and safety, that of tenants and to report areas of risk to the Manager
- All employees are subject to the Health & Safety at Work Act
Imagine is a values-based recruiter and so it will be seeking to ensure that the successful candidate will align with the following:
- Meaningful Living: Using empathy to bring together diverse people and resources, to put the everyday within reach of everyone.
- Nurturing Individuality: Creating conditions that support people to be true to themselves and express their truth.
- Focused Dedication: Showing up each day hungry to do our best to learn and develop. We never give up on people.
- Challenging Ideas: Keeping our efforts real and centred on what matters most, we do not settle for the ordinary when better is possible.
- Generous Sharing: Giving of ourselves, our experiences and knowledge, to promote and provide a great service.