Senior Quantity Surveyor
Morgan Sindall Group PLC
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: West Cumbria
Talented people are the key to our success
Your CV will be screened by an experienced consultant, and they will get back to you within 48 hours.
Come and work for one of the most successful construction and infrastructure companies in the UK?
Morgan Sindall Infrastructure delivers some of the UKs most complex and critical infrastructure across six core sectors of energy, water, nuclear, highways, rail and aviation for public and private customers. Working on projects and long-term frameworks, we believe in connecting people, places and communities through innovative and responsible infrastructure. Our people are our business. Through their expertise, we harness innovative ideas and approaches that enable us to safely and responsibly design and deliver resilient infrastructure upon which we all rely. Morgan Sindall Infrastructure is part of Morgan Sindall Group plc, a leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of over £3 billion.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our dynamic team of professionals in the civil construction industry. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in cost management and have a deep understanding of civil construction projects.
- Manage and oversee the cost planning, budgeting, and cost control processes for civil construction projects.
- Develop and implement strategies to minimize project costs while ensuring high-quality workmanship.
- Prepare and negotiate contracts, subcontracts, and variations in accordance with the project's requirements.
- Analyse and report on project costs, risks, and budget performance.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with clients, contractors, and suppliers.
- Ensure project compliance with regulations, standards, and company policies.
- Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in Quantity Surveying in a related field
- Strong knowledge of construction contracts, procurement methods, and cost management techniques.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with project management software and tools.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits package, and opportunities for professional growth. If you are a highly motivated individual and meet the requirements, we encourage you to apply
About our Nuclear business unit:
Joining a growing, innovative and more than anything friendly team, you’ll be able to play your part as well as develop and learn from colleagues. Operating in the Nuclear sector for just over a decade, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure delivers services from operational reactor support, new build and decommissioning, to nuclear defence facilities and more sensitive projects within highly regulated and secure sites. With an ever-expanding Nuclear portfolio, we are proud to support our customers in installing and maintaining existing assets. The Nuclear sector is growing, changing and an innovative environment to work and operate in. We strive to deliver operational excellence and each member of our team plays their role in that.
We offer longevity currently delivering some of the biggest infrastructure projects in the UK, as part of the Programme and Project Partners (PPP). A 20-year partnership, PPP was established by Sellafield Ltd through contracts with Kellogg Brown and Root (KBR), Jacobs, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure and Doosan Babcock Ltd in 2019, to revolutionise project delivery at Sellafield and create a lasting legacy.
Future opportunities within our Infrastructure Strategic Alliance (ISA). The ISA provides Sellafield Ltd with the capability and capacity to deliver a growing programme of infrastructure projects required for an aging asset portfolio. The alliance is mainly aimed at protecting and developing the utility assets; however, it also has scope for a number of non-utility asset projects as well.
A diverse and growing portfolio with our Clyde Commercial Framework (CCF). The CCF programme ensures that the teams responsible for delivering the UK’s Continuous at Sea Deterrent (CASD) are able to live work and train in safe, state of the art facilities. The framework delivers cost effective infrastructure solutions to enable HMNB Clyde to continue to endure in its new role as the Royal Navy’s Single Integrated Operating Base.
Our projects will offer experience, development and vast degree of knowledge. The areas in which we operate in will offer you the opportunity to explore, open your mind and work in some of the most beautiful landscape within the United Kingdom.
We believe in delivering responsible nuclear and defence infrastructure.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please note that any CV’s submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.
As a senior quantity surveyor, you will:
- Provide commercial expertise to aid with the delivery of the contracted work by taking the commercial lead in a geographical focused team.
- The provision of accurate and timely commercial reports and advice to the management team whilst ensuring the contract achieves the appropriate commercial targets.
Already experienced as a senior quantity surveyor you will be educated to BSc in Quantity Surveying (or other equivalent commercially related discipline) and you will be working towards professional membership of an appropriate organisation (for example, RICS/CIOB). You will have a detailed knowledge of company management systems including; Commercial and financial (Commercial Manager /COINS/Sphere). You will also have proven experience of managing quantity surveyors on a large contract.