Senior Quantity Surveyor
Morgan Sindall Group PLC
Senior Quantity Surveyor
*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.*
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and securecompanies within the UK Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindallprovides national infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. While we are best known as engineering experts, working in sectors as diverse as nuclear, rail, water, energy, highways, and aviation, our UK wide business provides a wealth of different support function roles within human resources, commercial, IT, innovation, design, work winning / business development, safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ), communications, procurement, and finance.
With talented people as the key to our successwe operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry. We are a community of diverse individuals with shared goals and a strong, supportive, and inclusive culture. Collectively, our people play an invaluable role in shaping the UK’s infrastructure and contributing to our long-term sustainable growth.
We are looking for people to join our team who not only have relevant qualifications and skills, but who understand and value our culture of pride and connection.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Highways business unit for an ambitious and talented Senior Quantity Surveyor
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will provide commercial expertise to aid with the delivery of the contracted work by taking the commercial lead in a geographical focused team. The provision of accurate and timely commercial reports and advice to the to the management team whilst ensuring the contract achieves the appropriate commercial targets.
The applicant will have previous commercial experience in a main contracting environment, ideally within the Highways sector.
· BSc in Quantity Surveying (or other equivalent commercially related discipline)
· CSCS compliance
· Working towards professional membership of an appropriate organisation (for example, RICS/CIOB)
· Detailed knowledge of company management systems including;
· Commercial and financial (Commercial Manager / COINS / Sphere)
· Risk management
· Personnel management
· Commercial and contractual knowledge, in various forms of contract
· A working knowledge of current legislation
· Proven experience of managing quantity surveyors on a large contract
· Negotiation and settlement of disputes and accounts relating both to customers and suppliers
· People management experience, such as managing performance, development and disciplinary procedures
· Experience working with a variety of schedule of rates contracts
About the Highways Team:
The UK’s strategic and local road infrastructure is a vital asset for communities and businesses, supporting economic prosperity and social connectivity.
As a major tier 1 contractor and framework partner, we play a key role in providing multi-faceted engineering services to keep these vital arteries running, ensuring smoother, safer, less congested journeys for everyone.
Our teams work on complex, high-profile national motorways, trunk road schemes as well as local authority road networks to deliver comprehensive, integrated services including design and build. These infrastructure solutions are enhanced by our complementary tunnelling and bridge design and build capabilities.
Whether working on Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) schemes or construct only works, we always endeavour to share best practice and deliver progressive solutions by engaging as early as possible with our customers to maximise innovation, efficiency, and cost savings.
Driving improvement across our road network
- Delivering projects to improve road journeys for millions of people every day
- Providing improved and new access to areas for development and employment opportunities, promoting economic growth
- Implementing hard shoulder running (HSR) and introducing smart motorway technology to give reduced vehicle emissions, increased journey time reliability and cost savings of around 40 per cent compared with conventional schemes.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.