Senior Java Engineer
Lloyds Banking Group
Sunday 26 March 2023
£61,176 – £99,411
We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
London and Halifax
Halifax: £ £61,911- £68,790
London: £71,577- £79,530
For the right candidate, salary can be negotiated to some degree.
Benefits also include:
- Annual personal bonus percentage;
- Employer pension contribution (up to 15%);
- 4% flexible cash pot;
- private medical insurance, and;
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays;
- We offer flexible working hours around the 9-5 and are a very family friendly company. Please note, the team observes a hybrid working pattern, and the successful candidate will be expected to be in the office 1-2 times a week.
About the team
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Channels Enabling Platform, where the Identity and Authentication Lab provides an enterprise level Authentication service. The Platform needs to meet the Strong Customer Authentication regulatory commitments, enable innovation and to trailblaze within the industry. The Platform will support and grow a wide range of authenticators to serve the Bank’s digital channels.
We are committed to delivering a world-class customer experience by building a state-of-the-art Identity & Authentication Platform and enabling our customers to feel safe and secure with their data while accessing our multi-channel digital ecosystem.
We're building the bank of the future, and we need your help!
About the role
As a Java Engineer with our team, you will work closely with wider engineering and stakeholder community to release business value by delivering reliable, scalable, and high-quality working software to production.
Key to this role is the ability to work autonomously, holistically, and critically assess situations and solutions. The pace and scale of change taking place requires a passion for new thinking, new ideas, and continuous improvement, as well as a flexible approach when interacting with wider teams.
What responsibilities does this role have?
- Developing and testing robust code using Java
- Maintaining, supporting, and improving existing software
- Developing APIs and Microservices
We like people who come from diverse industry and cultural backgrounds that can bring new and challenging ways of thinking to the team. To be considered for the role, you must be able to show demonstrable experience and provide examples / working knowledge of the following:
- Strong Software Engineering background ideally with a medium to high skill coding level in core Java (approximately 5+ years)
- Experience of API design and architecture patterns, messaging technologies and Microservices
- Experience of testing frameworks
- Experience of build tools
- Experience of deployment and monitoring tools
- Understanding of containers, orchestration, and service mesh
- Experience of database technologies including RDBMS and NoSQL
- Appreciate and acknowledge the impact of system design decisions on scalability, resilience, and supportability
- Knowledge of multiple deployment and release methods like Canary, Blue/Green, A/B
- Good understanding of the full SDLC
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Desirable but not essential skills:
- Exposure to an Authentication and Identity related domain
- Experience with cloud technologies Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or others (AWS, ICP, Azure)
- Interests in other programming languages and technologies
- Experience and desire to work using Test Driven Development (TDD)
About Lloyds Banking Group
As the UK’s largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and we have a clear strategy to put customers first and achieve our vision of being the best bank for our customers.
We deeply value diversity and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer. You can come and join our inclusive, values-led culture passionate about making a difference! We are a proud equal opportunities employer; if you require any reasonable adjustments either as a candidate or as an employee, please let us know. We would love to be able to support you in showcasing your best self!
Does this sound like something you might be interested in? Please apply – we are looking forward to getting to know more about you.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Lloyds Banking Group