Senior Engineer – Structural
Join us in solving global energy challenges for future generations.
At Aker Solutions we are changemakers and accelerators. With a proud history of delivering complex projects to the oil and gas industry, we need talented individuals to help us shape the path towards a sustainable energy future.
Our Structural engienering team in Reading provide front-end studies, engineering, procurement and project management services for initiating and executing oil and gas field, HVDC, renewable energy and carbon capture developments.
We are currently looking for a Senior Structural engineer to strengthen the team.
What will you be doing?
Working as a senior engineer within a structural engineering team in the delivery of the structural engineering effort on a project or in a tender in accordance with Aker Solutions’ values / attitudes and contractual requirements. Assuming responsibility for the delivery of specific parts, as directed by the lead engineer, of the structural engineering effort. Ensuring that other aspects of the project such as procurement, construction, completion and operation are given proper consideration and that the structural engineering effort is controlled and delivered within contractual schedule and budget.
Responsible for performance of specific structural engineering activities / tasks as directed by the lead structural engineer within areas such as:
- Performing structural engineering for different project phases from initial feasibility study, concept design, basic design to final detailed design.
- Preparing and finishing structural reports, and provide design input for the drawings for the detailed design phase
- Updating and revising the related documents and drawings on time according to construction requirements.
- Preparing structural philosophies, MTOs and specifications.
- Interface coordination with other engineering disciplines, procurement, construction, completions, operations and third parties.
- Monitoring the project structural engineering schedule and manhour budget.
- Structural engineering integrity and compliance coordination.
- Structural engineering change control.
- Preparing and delivering technical presentations.
- Risk management, to identify project threats and opportunities related to structural engineering.
- Keeping the lead engineer informed of structural engineering progress.
- Ensuring Structural Engineering is executed in accordance with the Project Execution Model / Plan (PEM/PEP) and in accordance with the schedule, budget and contractual requirements, keeping a focus on Quality and HSE aspects.
We think you should have:
- University civil or structural engineering degree or relevant education with 5 to 10 years post graduate experience in front end, FEED and/or EPC projects.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within the offshore oil & gas/renewable energy sector and onshore oil & gas / carbon capture sector, with an emphasis on offshore.
- Track record in Senior Structural Engineering role(s) from a minimum of one FEED, E&P or EPC project.
- Good working knowledge and experience of structural analysis software / tools such as STAADPro and SESAM.
- Knowledge of design software such as E3D, Navisworks and Autocad.
- Knowledge of non-linear software, such as Abaqus is beneficial.
- Experience in multiple office execution / workshare is beneficial.
- Experience in offshore HVDC platforms / wind projects and / or onshore carbon capture projects is beneficial.
- A good knowledge of design, fabrication and welding of heavy modular steel structures is beneficial.
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
- Join a company committed to becoming a significant player in the energy transition
Interested? Contact us.
For more information about the position, please contact Dawn Aindow, Regional Manager
email [email protected]
NES Advantage is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing service.
Diversity and Inclusion
Aker Solutions is empowered by its diverse workforce. We ensure a good working environment where equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion are considered vital to our success. We believe diversity creates value, attracts talent, and makes life more interesting. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from diverse backgrounds related to race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, ethnicity, disability, age, and more.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.