Senior Analyst – Analytics and Reporting
We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky.
What you'll do
We are the product performance team. Our job is to harness data across all of our customers touchpoints with Sky to understand if our products are living up to their expectations. And even if they are, to work out how we can do even better. We strive to constantly evolve our products, to delight our customers every day and to deliver the outstanding entertainment products we possibly can.
As a Senior Analyst you will:
- Work in an insight and analytics team, embedded in the product management team, to identify the needs, wants and challenges of our customers through data
- Utilise existing reporting to proactively identify areas for further analysis in order to fully understand our product usage and issues and share this useful insight with delivery teams
- Highlight areas of opportunity for greater knowledge generation by seeking out and understanding new sources of data and insight
- Work with reporting teams to highlight where we need to develop further monitoring, often building out PoC's that can then be handed over for productionising
- Be the voice of the customer through the data – hold delivery teams to account on the success of what we are producing through the feedback on and usage of our products that comes directly from the customer
- There will be an expectation to operate independently and to deal with senior team members (HoD and Director upwards) every day
What you'll bring
- We need people passionate about delivering for the customer, who can empathise and understand the usage and performance of our products from the end users perspective as well as understanding the underlying technology
- Curiosity and a desire to learn – we thrive off of challenging ourselves and those around us, and we want people that will question what we know today
- Ambition – we want to build the best products in the market, so we expect people that don't see hitting the benchmark as success, we must strive to beat the target, in whatever we do
- Data savvy – you will have demonstrable experience of being able to draw concrete insights from large data sets using an analytical language such as SQL or Python. This should include joining/linking data sets together.
- Communication and story telling – This is a data role but it is also a communications role. Data is useless if the end user cannot gain the knowledge they need from it. As such you will have a consistent track record of being able to visualise sophisticated data sets and break complex concepts down to simple actions or takeaways. Ideally this will also include experience of a visualisation tool such as Tableau, Google Data Studio/Looker or similar
- Ability to work at pace – we are a technology company and the market in which we operate evolves fast! As such we need people that are up for the challenge, working to tight deadlines and with a certain level of ambiguity
- Proactive – we expect our people to be self-starters and self-finishers, you will be encouraged to identify areas of opportunity and focus based on your own experience, the data you are analysing and from understanding your colleagues and the businesses priorities and to lead your own delivery roadmap
- Team oriented – success at Sky means working in a highly matrixed organisation to deliver sophisticated outcomes through multiple teams of highly skilled people. We do not succeed alone and as such you will need to be comfortable working across multiple teams with multiple collaborators. We are not a back office function!
Our Product Management team works closely with our design, delivery and business teams to create an unforgettable experience for our customers. From streaming products like NOW, to providing smart entertainment products like Sky Glass and Sky Go, and creating unforgettable Connected Living experiences, we're the problem solvers who find smarter and simpler ways to connect customers to more of what they love.
There's one thing people can't stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here's a taster:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- The magic of Sky Glass at an exclusive rate
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Inclusion & how you'll work
Recognised by The Times and Stonewall, we take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion. Investing in society, fighting racial injustice and setting ambitious targets for representation at Sky.
We've embraced hybrid working and split our time between unique office spaces and the convenience of working from home. You'll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later on in the recruitment process.
Your office space
Our spacious tech hub is less than a mile from Leeds train station. There's plenty of parking in the surrounding streets and at the nearby CitiPark.
Need a break? You can blow off steam over a game of pool or table tennis, and stay fit at our subsidised gym.
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There are also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed, and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We'd love to hear from you
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It's a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn't stop at what we do, it's how we do it, too. We embrace each other's differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we'll back you all the way.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.