Lloyds Banking Group
Thursday 30 March 2023
£38,232 – £42,480
We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Flexibility in when hours are worked
Job Description Summary
£57,078 to £63,420 depending on experience, plus 4% cash allowance; 15% pension and discretionary bonus
Leeds; Bristol; Halifax; Manchester or Edinburgh
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK’s biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers and a big responsibility to help Britain Prosper.
We’re in the middle of a £3bn investment into our People, Platforms and Data as part of our strategy to build the Bank of the Future and grow sustainably.
It's the role of our Chief Information Office, Group Services and Security to provide the backbone and infrastructure upon which this future organisation will sit.
Our team is charged with providing automated and insightful enterprise technology management tooling for LBG. We're enabling and supporting the infrastructure of a number of strategic transformational initiatives through the provision of Enterprise Tooling Services and Products.
With our business evolving to more flexible ways of working, we want driven, dynamic and innovative individuals to help us on this journey.
Together we'll make it possible!
There couldn't be a better time to join us as a Scrum Master, especially if you're a change agent with a passion for working with people and teams to help them deliver their best work for our customers and the bank.
About the role:
As a Scrum Master, you’ll operate at Team level and work with teams with varying experience in agile delivery. You will encourage your team’s understanding of Agile frameworks and support them to establish their ways of working, to self-manage and continuously improve in delivering value.
In Tooling Services , a learning culture is important, and we continuously strive to improve our knowledge and skills. You will receive support and coaching from the agile leads and more senior scrum masters in the team and be encouraged to share knowledge and best practice within the Agile Chapter.
Here’s where you’ll make a difference:
- Supporting the Team to understand and utilise Agile frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban
- Facilitating Agile events (such as Sprint planning, Stand-ups, Retrospective, etc.) and ensuring an understanding of the purpose and value of each event
- Helping the team to manage the Product Backlog effectively
- Promotes best practices in areas including refinement, prioritisation and stakeholder engagement
- Encourage and empower the team to self-manage, utilise feedback for continuous learning and improvement in efficient and incremental value delivery
- Enable the team to understand and visualise the optimal sequence of work, measure and understand their performance through metrics (such as throughput and cycle time) and use this as the basis for their improvement activity
- Supporting the identification of blockers, dependencies and barriers to effective delivery and help to remove or escalate these where appropriate
- Promote psychological safety and wellbeing creating a safe, trusting, and open environment for the team
What we need from you:
- An understanding of the Agile frameworks, particularly Scrum and Kanban
- Good working knowledge of Agile workflow management tools (such as Jira and Confluence)
- An awareness of other techniques that support Agile working, such as DevOps, Systems Thinking, Scaled Agile, Theory of Constraints / Critical Chain
- Learning/curious mindset, energy, and enthusiasm for creative disruption and to continuously strive to improve the organisation, team, and your knowledge and skills
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
Together we'll make it possible…
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 16%
- Share plans
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today; we’d love to hear from you…
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Lloyds Banking Group