Chelmer Medical Partnership, Tennyson House Surgery
About the Role
Chelmer Medical Partnership is looking for new full or part-time GPs to work within our supportive friendly team.
Working as part of our multidisciplinary team, you will have the opportunity to support and care for a diverse patient group.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Undertaking a variety of duties including surgery consultations, telephone consultations and queries, visiting patients at home, checking and signing repeat prescriptions and dealing with queries, paperwork, reports and correspondence in a timely fashion;
- Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting medical problems, whether self-referred or referred from other healthcare workers within the organisation;
- Assessing the healthcare needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems;
- Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness;
- Developing care plans for health in consultation with patients and in line with current practice disease management protocols;
- Providing health education;
- Recording clear consultation notes to agreed standards;
- Collecting data for audit purposes and complying with QOF requirements;
- Delivering enhanced services;
- Compiling and issuing computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions;
- All general duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care.
About the Candidate
You will have the following qualifications:
- Fully qualified GP with GMC registration
- Annual appraisal and revalidation (when appropriate)
- Be on the NHSE medical performers list
and skills, including:
- Good understanding and experience of chronic disease management and primary prevention & screening services
- Ability to take responsibility for your own career development, learning and performance and are responsible for ensuring that all your mandatory training is in date
- Awareness of and compliance with all relevant practice policies/guidelines, e.g. prescribing, confidentiality, data protection, health and safety
- Commitment to life-long learning and audit to ensure evidence-based best practice
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills in a confidential manner
We are an 8 Partner practice across 3 sites, Humber Road Surgery, Tennyson House Surgery and Melbourne House Surgery all of which are approved for training and host medical students from ARU, along with foundation and GP registrars. Our GP staff work at a set site for continuity of care and work environment.
We have a multi-disciplinary team at each site including on site first contact physiotherapists, pharmacists, nursing and HCA staff, social prescribers, health and wellbeing coach and 2 visiting paramedics to support home visits when required.
We have daily coffee meetings at each site during our morning surgery and place a key emphasis on team building and mutual support for all our staff. We do not have “extra” appointments on our normal working days.
We would welcome informal visits and discussion prior to applications and interview. We offer a competitive salary, annual leave, study leave, fellowship and are very open to development of special interests.
For informal enquiries please contact Dr Elizabeth Field [email protected]
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
Please note this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.