Safety and Compliance Specialist Lifts and Water Hygiene
Sovereign Housing Association Limited
As a leading Housing Association, Sovereign are committed to providing quality, affordable homes and services within sustainable, successful communities. We're led by our values and driven by a strong social purpose, placing our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We're currently seeking a Safety & Compliance Specialist, focusing on the areas of Lifts and Water Hygiene.
The successful applicant will be providing strategic lifts and water hygiene expertise and direction for the whole organisation relating to current and future assets with an eye on anticipatory awareness.
Working closely with the Head of Building Safety and Compliance and working closely with Safety and Compliance Specialists, the Building Safety Compliance and Standards Manager and the Building Safety and Compliance Administration team, work to ensure that effective management controls are in place to Sovereign's risk and responsibilities relating to building safety.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Providing robust management in all areas of lifts and water hygiene related activities, this role will require significant technical expertise, experience in repairs/maintenance, in depth practical knowledge of water hygiene risk assessments/lift servicing, risk mitigations as well as demonstratable high level contract management and problem solving.
- Delivering the right outcome for our customer in a safe and timely manner
- Responsible person for the sewage treatment plants, lifts and water hygiene building safety and compliance areas, and be responsible for ensuring that SHA adheres to its regulatory and Legislative obligations and that the organisation receives competent advice and guidance.
- Defining data requirements, policies and standards, whilst advising in their implementation, keeping up to date with relevant legislation relating to their data set reviews and identifies implications and takes subsequent actions.
- Reviewing any requested changes against existing system specifications identifying potential overlap and resolving these issues.
- Escalating data issues or breaches to the Data Entity Owners
- Overall responsibility for the data related to Building (Asset) Safety and Compliance for lifts and water hygiene areas as set out in Sovereign's data landscape.
What we're looking for:
- Demonstratable knowledge and experience of lift and wate hygiene management within the Housing Sector
- Sufficient technical and practical knowledge of the lift to be able to detect any defects and assess how significant they are.
- IOSH Managing
- Lift Awareness – specific to passenger/goods lifts/LOLER
- LOLER/PUWER awareness
- LEIA Practical Management of a Lift/Escalator Contract; Part 1 – Commercial & Part 2 – Site
- Technical knowledge in mechanical water systems & bacteria within water
- Meet LCA Competency assessment criteria.
- LCA 9010 City and Guilds accredited responsible person training, Risk assessment of Water Safety hot and cold-water systems.
- Previous experience in a role of responsible & authorised person & city & guild accredited.
What you can expect from us
- £450 flex-pot annually, discounted shopping & cycling scheme
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (with an extra day every year up to 30 days)
- Industry leading pension scheme, 12% matched contributions plus life cover at 4x your salary
- Flexible working – we're committed to giving people flexibility as widely as possible
- Options for private medical insurance, dental insurance & critical illness cover
It's a fantastic time to join us at Sovereign. We have an ambitious corporate plan to deliver an inspiring agenda of change and growth in a sustainable way. You'll be joining a highly skilled team at the forefront of driving these improvements and we'd love to hear from you to explore your skills and experience further.