Safety and Compliance Specialist Asbestos
Sovereign Housing Association Limited
As a leading Housing Association, Sovereign are committed to providing quality, affordable homes and services within sustainable, successful communities. We're led by our values and driven by a strong social purpose, placing our residents at the heart of everything we do.
We're currently seeking a Safety and Compliance Specialistwithin the subject of Asbestos.The purpose of the role is to provide robust asbestos management using your technical expertise and experience.
What you'll be doing:
The successful person will oversee the effective management of asbestos servicing, inspection and responsive workstreams across Sovereign's asset portfolio.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading all elements of contract management relating to the Asbestos management in a transparent manner, including identifying, recording, and addressing underperformance and breaches.
- Overseeing the development of cyclical inspection and works programmes relating to Reg (4) CAR 2012, ensuring that visits to properties are carried out on a risk-based basis, and that actions are progressed and remedied as required
- Identifying any changes to Asbestos Regulatory requirements that impacts on Sovereign and its ability to effectively manage its assets. Ensuring that the relevant changes and actions are identified to the Building Safety and Compliance Standards Manager
- Responsible for undertaking reconciliation exercises on a monthly and annual basis to ensure that data and records relating to Asbestos Safety and regulatory compliance are collated, validated, between our in-house systems.
- Ensuring methodology relating to asbestos requirements and scope specifics is documented, fully detailed, and reviewed alongside any regulatory changes to ensure Sovereign's compliance.
What we need from you:
- Expertise in Asbestos Management in the Housing Sector
- P405 Management of Asbestos
- S301 / W504 (Desirable)
- CCP/CoCA (Desirable)
- P407 / D407 (Essential) Management of Asbestos in Premises the Duty Holder responsibilities
- Experience of working effectively with others in a complex and dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft office suite with Intermediate or advanced Excel skills
- Membership of IOSH or other professional body
- Evidence of excellent customer service achievements in a complex delivery environment
What you'll receive from us:
- £450 flex-pot annually, discounted shopping & cycling scheme
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (with an extra day every year up to 30 days)
- A leading company pension scheme matched up to 12%, life cover at 4x your salary
- Flexible working – we're committed to giving people flexibility as widely as possible
- Options for private medical insurance, dental insurance & critical illness cover
It's a fantastic time to join us at Sovereign. We have an ambitious corporate plan to deliver an inspiring agenda of change and growth in a sustainable way. You'll be joining a highly skilled team at the forefront of driving these improvements and we'd love to hear from you to explore your skills and experience further.