Retail Store Sales Assistant – Sundays
St Peters Hospice
Sales Assistant roles help you to develop a wide range of skills which you can take with you throughout your career!
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the team Retail Sales Assistant at one of our very successful flag ship stores, City Centre!
You will receive full training and will be supported by experienced, knowledgeable and friendly managers and team members. If you have a passion for second hand, recycling, upcycling and enjoy being in a role that builds strong relationships, a role in which you can feel valued in, and knowing you are contributing to the care of patients and their families, then we want to hear from you!
- Salary: Aged 21 and over £3,219, Under 21 £2,314 per annum
- Working 6.5 hours per week, 1 in 7 days (Sundays)
- Permanent position
What we are looking for:
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with a proactive approach
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- A genuine interest in home wear, furniture, second hand and charity retail
- Ability to carry out manual handling tasks
- Open and adaptable to change and able to support others through it
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- IT literacy and numeracy skills. Using email systems and online resources; use and understand basic spreadsheets
- Previous retail experience would be useful but not essential
- In the absence of any other management to open and close the store and to be responsible for ensuring that the store trades safely and legally
- To assist the management team in achieving profit targets by reducing costs and maximising sales
- To operate as part of the overall shop team, willingly carrying out any tasks necessary to ensure the success and smooth running of the shop
- To support delivering a high standard of presentation throughout, windows and shop floor
- To assist the management team in implementing any changes as required to ensure optimum sales
- To assist the management team in generating and encouraging all stock donations from the public
- Actively supporting and demonstrating our values through your role
We know sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for job if they don't tick every box. If you're excited about working for us, and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could just be what we're looking for!
For more information about the role download the job description located at the bottom of the page or contact Paige Martin - South Area Support: [email protected]
For more information on working in charity retail please click here: https://www.stpetershospice.org/about-us/jobs/retail-jobs/
We will review applications as they come in and therefore we may close the vacancy before the closing date, so candidates are advised to apply early.
St Peter's Hospice is a well-loved hospice that provides extensive inpatient and community services, in Bristol and the surrounding areas. Every year St Peter's Hospice makes a difference in the lives of thousands of patients and their families when it matters most.
Many of our staff work directly with patients and their families in nursing, health care and medical jobs. Others raise money to support patient care through our chain of over 40 charity shops and our fundraising activities. We also have a significant number of staff working in varied office-based roles.
Our aim is to provide an inclusive, safe and healthy workplace that boosts creativity and motivation.
Our Inpatient Unit is a state-of-the-art centre of clinical excellence, that was built with the generous support of the people of Bristol. Beyond our Inpatient Unit, you'll find our team in homes and on the phone 24/7. More recently in response to the pandemic we have moved some services online to continue support for our patients.
The Hospice is also a centre of educational excellence and we teach other healthcare professionals about how to care for people at the end of their lives, supporting the NHS and care homes provide end of life care.
For our nursing and clinical teams, we offer attractive terms and conditions similar to the NHS including:
- NHS equivalent salaries
- Generous holiday entitlement and recognition for previous NHS service (up to 33 days for 10 years’ service)
- Continuance of the NHS Pension Scheme for existing members
There are many benefits to working at the Hospice including:
- Generous holiday allowance
- Competitive salary
- Group Personal Pension scheme
Equality and Diversity
At St Peter’s Hospice, we are committed to promoting equality, diversity, and inclusion throughout the organisation. We understand the value of a diverse mix of talented people that is representative of our community and are proactively taking action to support EDI and Wellbeing.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of their age, disability, religion or belief, sex, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.