Residential Support Worker- Childrens Service – Nights
Wolverhampton, West Midlands
|31st March 2023
QUALIFICATIOONS (IF REQUIRED)
|£9.55 – £13.00 per Hour
Are you looking to work for a company who genuinely care about you, as much as the children and young people within their care? Well, you’ve found us! Please read on….
The Night Support worker role offers an outstanding salary of between £18,250 – £27,123 (£9.55 – £13.00 per Hour)
This includes a superb benefits package too, including:
• FREE DBS!
• Over 5 weeks Holiday!
• Blue Light Shopping Discount Scheme!
• The support of an amazing team and organisation!
• Genuine Career Development Opportunities!
• Health Benefits Plan!
• Blue Card Scheme
• Contributory Pension Scheme!
• Ongoing Training Opportunities!
• Annual awards and recognition,
• plus much, much more!
As the Night Support Worker, you will be working for a Unique Organisation, Progress Care. We have been established for 21 years and are known throughout the industry for giving the most outstanding service and care, to the children and young people we support. We will go above and beyond to support you through your career just as you will do so for the Children within your care/service. You will be a valued and respected member of our team – want to be part of this? – Then read on!
You will be working as a Support Worker in our 6 bedded Children’s residential service for short stays. You will be caring for Children between the ages of 5 – 18. The service provides care and support for individuals who have severe learning difficulties, Autism, ADHD and associated behavioural challenges, children accommodated at the home may also present with sensory impairment, physical disabilities and sexualised behaviours or equally, with complex health care needs.
As a night support worker,you will assist the management team in maintaining a safe and enabling environment that provides positive experiences to children and young people.
Your role is also vital to the progression of a children and young people, encouraging them to develop new skills and to be the best that they can be. You must be sensitive to the needs of those in your care.
Qualifications (If Required)
- Level 3 NVQ/Diploma in Health and Social Care (Children and Young People).
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care or Equivalent
Qualifications / Experience
You must be able to demonstrate that you have:
NVQ 3 Diploma or QCF Level 3 in Children and Young Peoples Workforce or in Residential Care or equivalent, and at least 2 years’ experience within a residential setting
• Ideally you will also have experience of working with children and young people with moderate to severe learning disabilities and/or physical disabilities, Autism, ADHD, sensory impairment, and associated behavioural challenges and/or complex care needs
You have a fantastic opportunity to be a part of our team if you possess the following:
• Strong communication skills
• The ability to communicate on various levels
• Working knowledge of, following, and working to Care Plans
• Experience of Conflict Management and dealing with difficult situations
• The ability to work effectively during high pressured situations
• You will be a supportive team player
• You will also need to be
• Caring and approachable
• Patient and welcoming
• Creative, Helpful and Reliable
• Willing to learn valuable life skills
We CARE about our services, staff and the people we support – continually improving
the quality of care and service delivery.
We TRUST that staff will work in partnership in all areas – ensuring we are meeting
business objectives, goals and targets.
We RESPECT each other regardless of position and provide peer support to our
colleagues by working together.
We PROGRESS in our development – personally, as a business, for our professional
partners and for the people we support.
At Progress, we have high staff retention rates through
- Personal development opportunities
- Treating you as an individual
- Publicly recognising your achievements
- Supporting you any way we can
- Placing you on a comprehensive training program
- A competitive salary
• 28 days holiday
• Flexible working arrangements
• The support of an amazing team and organisation
• Genuine career development opportunities
• Continued learning
• Enhanced holiday entitlements
• Shopping discounts via the HAPI app
• A stakeholder pension scheme
• Long service loyalty scheme
• Private family healthcare and medical insurance
• Death in service life assurance
• Additional hours available to work plus sleep in payments
• Full and Part time hours available
• Refer A Friend Scheme
• Full PPE provided
• Fully structured support for new starters