Relief Care Assistant
Loftus, North Yorkshire
Our multi-award-winning organisation is looking to recruit a Care Assistant to join our Care team. The role of Care Assistant is based on a rota basis which may include evening and weekend shifts. This is a pivotal position to help ensure our residents live a meaningful life and feel involved within their community.
The role of Care Assistant will involve the delivery of Care Services within our Care Homes to excellent standards.
What you will be doing
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work as a Care Assistant in our friendly and dedicated team. This is a key role supporting residents. You will:
- Assist residents with personal care, food and drink and administering medication
- Support residents in all activities of daily living to maximise wellbeing and promote choice, independence, and dignity
- Provide encouragement and companionship by engaging with residents and other stakeholders
- Support with recreational activities
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will:
- Have a Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (or willingness to be trained)
- Be naturally compassionate and able to demonstrate integrity, through treating our residents fairly and with respect
- Have a willingness to undertake all aspects of care to meet the physical, emotional, and social needs of our residents
- Ability to work shifts (including weekends and evenings)
About us –
Jewish Care is the largest provider of health and social care services for the Jewish community in the UK. Every week, we touch the lives of 10,000 people. We provide services to a range of people including:
- Older people
- People with Mental Health needs
- Holocaust survivors
- People living with Dementia
- People who care for others who have a variety of needs- e.g., mental health, older people, people with disabilities
- People with MS, Parkinsons, strokes and those who are visually impaired
- People who are bereaved and those recently separated
Our five values are at the heart of the way we work. They drive how we act as individuals and as an organisation and shape our culture. We value Excellence, Integrity, Innovation, Compassion, and Inclusivity
Why Jewish Care?
We offer excellent benefits to reward you for your hard work, dedication and commitment. These include:
- Competitive rates of pay which are reviewed annually
- 4% employer pension contribution
- Career development opportunities
- Full access and training on our online learning management system, SkillBox
- 24/7 access to our Employee Assistance Programme phone line
- Free meals
- Wellbeing and staff recognition initiatives
- Free DBS check where the role requires
- Free uniform for our Care Home workers
Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK
Our policy on COVID-19
Jewish Care work with and support a vulnerable customer and client base, as such we request that any new joiners are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will be unable to progress your application unless you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a documented medical exemption preventing you from being vaccinated.