Recovery Coordinator – Part Time
Change, grow, live (CGL)
Weymouth & Portland, Dorset
Change Grow Live are a charity dedicated to the belief that we can make a difference to our Service Users lives, offering support and respect in a safe environment, treating each user as an individual and working with them to find the right treatment and care options.
Our core values are ‘Be open, be compassionate and be bold’ and our team members apply these daily to achieve our mission of helping people change the direction of their lives, grow as individuals, and live life to its full potential.
We are currently recruiting a Part Time Recovery Coordinator to work as part of the newly implemented Southwest Prisons service in HMP The Verne, a category C prison in Dorset, for men convicted of sex offences. Our ideal candidate will have the skills and experience to assess and engage with our service users, ensuring that they access the right intervention at the right time, in a way that best meets their needs.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with experience of substance misuse issues, looking to take the next step in their career with a charity that will support your continued personal and professional development.
Where: HMP The Verne
When: We are looking to get the right person into the team ASAP
Hours: 18.75hrs per week
Salary: £26,393 – £30,316 dependent on experience (pro rata for PT)
What we will give to you:
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays) rising by 1 day for each years’ service (pro rata for PT)
- Paid ‘Wellness’ hour each week along with a ‘Wellness’ hub and Employee Assist Programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- A great selection of benefits incl. discounts for shopping, cinema, holidays, etc.
- A friendly and supportive team
- Training, career development & progression opportunities
About the role:
- Support service users from point of entry into the service and through their treatment/recovery journey
- Work in close partnership with Clinical Substance Misuse team to develop and implement care plans for those receiving clinical prescribing, including attendance at joined 5 day, 28, day and ongoing clinical reviews
- Complete secondary screening assessment of patients arriving to prison as part of Integrated Health and Wellbeing model of service delivery
- Contribute to risk management processes, including prison ACCT process as appropriate
- Work closely with Through the Gate provision, Healthcare, Prison partners and External Support Agencies to ensure effective coordination of Release Planning
- Have a strong understanding of substance misuse issues and experience of working within a similar field ideally within prison/criminal justice
- Be an excellent communicator, both verbal and written with good IT skills
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with excellent time management and prioritising skills
- Have a good working knowledge of mental health interventions, services, and good practice
- Be a supportive team player with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in partnership with a wide range of professionals, agencies, and internal/external stakeholders
- Ability to manage change successfully in a way that prioritises the needs of service users
- Understand the importance of information governance processes and commit to follow and apply all necessary safeguards
- Seek out learning opportunities to improve and broaden your professional knowledge and skills and to contribute and oversee the learning and development of others
If this sounds like you and you’d like to begin your journey with Change Grow Live, then we’d love to talk to you
Please note: This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check at an enhanced level