Receptionist – Full-time
Receptionist – Full-time
- Pay:Actual salary £17,020
- Start Date:May 2023
- App Close Date:27/03/2023 at 16:00
Snowfields Academy has an exciting opportunity to appoint an experienced Receptionist, starting from April 2023.
We're looking for a candidate with excellent communication skills and who will manage the smooth day to day running of the school reception area. This is a very busy role and duties will vary, but our successful candidate will ultimately undertake specific areas of responsibility, as allocated by the Office Manager, including supporting senior staff. The role would suit someone that is looking to get back into work and ongoing training can be offered, including in First Aid and IT. Ideally, our successful candidate will be personable, with excellent organisation skills and confident with dealing with members of staff and pupils. Basic IT skills is essential for this role.
We can offer our successful candidate:
- The opportunity to help shape our future by joining a LAT Academy
- A school community committed to raising achievement and attainment
- A great environment with excellent resources and facilities
- A strong commitment to support professional development opportunities
- A supportive Governing Body and Leadership Team
The working basis of this role is fixed term for 1 year, 37 hours per week term time + 1 week inset. The salary offered is £17,020 per annum (£19,788 full time equivalent).
Note that whilst the position is offered on a fixed term basis initially of up to one year, every effort will be made to offer a substantive position thereafter, either at Snowfields Academy or within the wider family of academies across Leigh Academies Trust. The central Recruitment Team will keep in touch with you throughout your contract to discuss options available to you.
Please note that whilst you will be based at the Bearsted College, you will be expected to travel to the Cranbrook College when necessary (travel expenses will be reimbursed).
Information about the school
Working with us at Snowfields Academy: Snowfields Academy opened in September 2020 as a new secondary provision for students with ASD. When full we will offer 140 places across year groups 7-13 for young people who are working at or close to age-related expectations. Class sizes are small with 12/13 in each class, supported by 2-3 teaching assistants according to need. We offer a range of GCSEs and other qualifications for young people on a blend of academic and vocational pathways.
The academy benefits from being a brand new school with a design tailored to the students it provides for, carefully considered to make the most of both its inside and outside environments in order to enhance the learning of its students. The environment supports specialisms in horticulture and catering with a purpose-designed teaching kitchen, servery and cafe, and internal and external horticulture facilities supporting our students into employment. We will work closely with local businesses to offer an outstanding range of work experience opportunities and supported internships.
At Snowfields Academy we:
- Inspire and engage our children so they develop a lifelong love of learning, working towards the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme at Key Stage 3
- Deliver a quality, inclusive education so all children are able to achieve to their full potential
- Create a learning environment where barriers to learning are overcome and students feel safe and happy and are ready to learn
- Ensure that all children feel valued and celebrate their individuality and success at every opportunity
- Always work within a multi-disciplinary framework alongside families and other professionals
- Use personalised approaches to manage behaviour and reduce anxieties
- Ensure safeguarding, pastoral support and embedding British Values are at the heart of all we do
- Create a culture where staff work collaboratively as part of the wider team, sharing ideas and good practice and offering support to each other.
"Snowfields Academy offers the very best personalised approaches within an inspiring learning environment. Our students are taught and supported by exceptional staff who offer care, challenge and support. Every student has a personalised transition from their starting point into our Academy and we work closely with other providers to streamline this process and smooth out any challenges along the way. Snowfields Academy brings our values to life: Be Kind, Work Hard, Communicate, Stay Safe and Be Happy. These values permeate our building, our curriculum, our aims and our ethos and we work hard every day to ensure we bring our motto, Where Nurture Meets Aspiration, to life, and help our students to thrive." – Principal Dee Pickerill