Purchasing Manager – Retail
James Kay Associates Ltd
James Kay Associates are working with national based retailer who are looking for a seasoned Purchasing Manager to join their senior management team working in their head office based in Nottingham.
Responsible for all Purchasing & Supply Chain in a pivotal role for the business, you will lead a team of buyers to build a cost effective and stable supply of finished products that are purchased online and in store, you will lead in sourcing new products, negotiating optimum terms from new and existing suppliers.
What you will be doing:
- Negotiating and influencing suppliers to achieve best market value
- Be accountable for the annual targets and goals across cost, quality, reliability and delivery
- Manage the Purchasing department including line management, coaching, performance management
- Identifying areas for improvement to current processes and procedures
- Occasional travel will be required
- Develop an inventory management strategy with a view to improving stock accuracies
- Optimise stock turnover by ensuring adequate/frequent ordering and liaising with suppliers to provide product sales forecasts
- Producing director level reports and performance analysis
- Demonstrate strategic cost saving, improving on time delivery, lead time reduction and effective inventory control
What we are looking for:
- Extensive (5 years +) experience managing purchasing department/team
- Experienced managing a team
- CIPS/MCIPS qualification
- Sourcing finished goods, nationally and internationally
- Retail experienced
- Seasoned purchasing & procurement professional
My client offer a suburb financial package for the right candidate with a salary up to 90k DOE.
This role will be based at their Head Office in Nottingham.
Other benefits include:
Healthcare Cash plans
A company pension scheme
Employee Assistance Programme