Project Officer (Health and Wellbeing)
Somerset Activity and Sports Partnership
About Project Officer (Health and Wellbeing)
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Health and Wellbeing Team at Active Suffolk as a Project Officer.
You will be part of a dedicated team, supporting and delivering on key countywide Active Suffolk health and wellbeing programmes such as Fit Villages and Active Wellbeing Service to increase participation in physical activity and sport.
- Talk to individuals and community groups to advocate for physical activity.
- Engage with health professionals and other stakeholders on the importance of physical activity.
- Work with local communities and partner organisations to establish physical activity opportunities.
- Support the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Be responsible for the planning, coordinating, and delivery of projects.
- Support other areas of Active Suffolk work to increase physical activity levels.
What you will need:
- An awareness of the inequalities people may face when accessing physical activity.
- An ability to develop and maintain trusted relationships with individuals and organisations.
- Able to take responsibility for the planning, development and implementation of projects.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- An advocate for physical activity.
- Ability to demonstrate a practical commitment to the Values of Active Suffolk.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, equality, diversity and inclusion.
Although the office base is in Melton, there is the flexibility to work from home, depending on individual preferences and service requirements. This is also a county wide post and so travel will be involved. A flexible approach to working hours is required, as well as mobility within the district. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements if you were the successful candidate, please contact the recruiting manager listed in the advert.