Project Manager – Huddersfield
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Our client, a Consultancy practice specialising in a range of Construction industry sectors, is recruiting an experienced Project Manager to join their team. The role would suit someone with experience in civil engineering, on a client-side basis. You will be working across multiple sites and managing projects from receipt of the client brief, scoping the works and managing through to site delivery using existing framework Contractors.
As a Project Manager, your role will involve the following:
- Management of every aspect of the project from start to finish, the planning, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of various projects working to a series of pre-determined goals and objectives, always with the client’s requirements in mind.
- The role of Project Manager involves looking at all areas of development, from inception to delivery, of various Construction / Retail related projects around the United Kingdom.
- The setting of measurable objectives and timelines of all elements within the projects.
- Managing other consultant disciplines and Contractors to ensure delivery to cost, time and quality standards.
- Managing all retail construction/redevelopment projects in a live environment.
- The management of other design teams, cost management consultants and contractors as required to ensure timely completion within the company budget and timelines, as well as those of the client.
- Deliver consistently high-quality work within budget constraints to meet our customer expectations and business needs.
- Maintaining records and work folders – ensuring all work is checked and appropriately approved for distribution.
To be considered for the Project Manager role you must have:
- Educated to degree/HNC/HND or equivalent in the relevant subject.
- Full driving license and own car with the ability to travel within the UK.
- CSCS card – Black/gold/white (or possess the qualifications to achieve).
- Project Management / Strategic Planning
- Ability to read and understand 2D drawings
- Excellent organisational skills – scheduling, planning etc
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to analyse data and situations and come up with creative solutions
- Base understanding of CDM Regulations
Desirable for the role of a Project Manager:
- Working with retail clients / Managing retail construction/redevelopment
- Working with retail clients.
- CDM awareness training
- Asbestos Awareness training.
- Up-to-date knowledge of H&S legislation.
- Chartered membership of a relevant body.
- Monday – Friday 37.5 hours per week.
- Core hours are 9:30 am – 4:30 pm, but there is some flexibility depending on whether there are site visits.
Our client is offering the successful Project Manager:
- £30,000 – £50,000 depending on experience
- Perkbox (free cinema tickets, Nero coffee, Health Assured (Employee Assistance Programme)
- Life Insurance cover (3 times salary), includes Smart Health (24/7 virtual GP, mental health support, a health check, a nutritionist consultation, expert second medical opinions, and personalised online fitness programmes), Bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- Wellness programme
- 1 paid days leave to conduct a community or charity day per year
- The training is paid for (subject to the training agreement)
- Professional fees paid
- Salary Sacrifice pension contribution up to 3% (to meet government requirements)
- 25 Holidays (Christmas: the office is closed for 1 week, retain 3 holidays)
- On-site parking
Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd, acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.