Project Manager – Highland
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Project Manager to join our client’s Design and Construction company in Inverness. Our client specialises in the leisure, commercial, transport, healthcare and retail industries, delivering a wide range of services including concrete, civils, main contracting and design and build.
As a Project Manager, you’ll be required to work Monday – Friday. As the role is site based, your hours will be around 7:30 am – 5:00 pm/5:30 pm, so some flexibility is expected.
The successful Project Manager will be offered:
- £60,000 – £70,000
- Company car or car allowance
- The role can be considered freelance or permanent
To be considered for the Project Manager role you must have:
- Previous experience within this role in ideally an engineering background
- Excellent knowledge of the health, safety and environmental policies
- Knowledge of preparing tender site reports
- Experience in working on budgets
- Experience in the leisure, commercial, transport and healthcare industries would be preferred
As a Project Manager, your role will involve:
- Ensure that the appropriate sub-contractors, labour and materials are procured to satisfy the requirements of the business and individual projects.
- Ensure that subcontractors provide adequate programmes to allow you to manage your work
- To ensure self-delivery labour, plant and materials are ordered timeously to the purchasing department.
- To ensure that subcontractors and labour-only supply chains are working efficiently
- Provide monthly reports as required by the company.
- Provide weekly general updates to Operations Director
- Ensure accurate progress reports are prepared for CVR Meetings.
- Ensure adequate records are kept of relevant matters
- Promote communication between all departments to continually improve project performance and team relationships between Surveying, Operations and other departments e.g. Buying, Administration, Accounts, Planning, Productivity etc
- Improve the Company’s overall performance and image by ensuring the project is run effectively to a high quality to meet, or better completion dates and produce a maximum return to improve the Company’s profitability.
- Attend meetings, as appropriate, to ensure that the Company is adequately represented and to ensure that proper use is made of company resources.
Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd which is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.