Change, grow, live (CGL)
Change Grow Live are a charity dedicated to the belief that we can make a difference to our Service Users lives, offering support and respect in a safe environment, treating each user as an individual and working with them to find the right treatment and care options. Our core values are ‘Be open, be compassionate and be bold’ and our team members apply these daily to achieve our mission of helping people change the direction of their lives, grow as individuals, and live life to its full potential.
Our Programme Workers at Change Grow Live play an integral part in delivering our Foundations of Rehabilitation programme which is a platform for the delivery of desistance-oriented interventions and support. We have based this programme model on hope, resilience, and compassion.
We are currently recruiting a Foundations of Rehabilitation Programme Worker to work as part of the newly implemented Southwest Prisons service supporting service users in HMP Exeter and the local community. You will be supporting the implementation, training, preparation, planning, development, and delivery of the programme and will work collaboratively with establishment staff to screen, assess and deliver the programme.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with experience of substance misuse issues, looking to take the next step in their career with a charity that will support your continued personal and professional development.
Where: HMP Exeter
When: We are looking to get the right person into the team ASAP
Hours: 37.5hrs per week
Salary: £26,393 – £30,316 dependent on experience
What we will give to you:
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays) rising by 1 day for each years’ service
- Flexible and home working arrangements
- Paid ‘Wellness’ hour each week along with a ‘Wellness’ hub and Employee Assist Programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- A great selection of benefits incl. discounts for shopping, cinema, holidays, etc.
- A friendly and supportive team
- Training, career development & progression opportunities
About the role:
- Promote, implement, and support effective participation strategies whilst monitoring progress and problem-solving operational challenges
- Implement and manage systems for the exchange of sensitive information, data and intelligence
- Provide promotion, training and coaching to partnership agencies to enable effective joint working
- Prepare and deliver Group Interventions including Foundations of Rehabilitation in custody and community settings
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Support individuals to address their offending and anti-social behaviour and develop positive alternatives
- Experience of working with Service Users in a custodial setting or other criminal justice setting
- Have a strong understanding of substance misuse issues
- Be an excellent communicator, both verbal and written with good IT skills
- Ability to deliver group and training interventions to Service Users
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with excellent time management and prioritising skills
- Have a good working knowledge of mental health interventions, services, and good practice
- Be a supportive team player with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in partnership with a wide range of professionals, agencies, and internal/external stakeholders
- Ability to manage change successfully in a way that prioritises the needs of service users
- Understand the importance of information governance processes and commit to follow and apply all necessary safeguards
- Be able to travel as required, including where public transport is not available
If this sounds like you and you’d like to begin your journey with Change Grow Live, then we’d love to talk to you
Interviews to be held on 5th & 6th April
Please note: This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check at an enhanced level