Lloyds Banking Group
Sunday 26 March 2023
£41,592 – £67,587
We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Benefits also include:
- Annual personal bonus percentage;
- Employer pension contribution (up to 15%);
- 4% flexible cash pot;
- private medical insurance, and;
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays;
We offer flexible working hours around the 9-5 and are a very family friendly company.
About the team
At Lloyds Banking Group our purpose is to help Britain prosper, backed up with a £3bn investment in our technology and data capabilities to become the best bank for customers.
This role sits within Machine Learning Platforms where we design, build, and operate the bank's Machine Learning, Data Science and Analytics platforms.
We're a friendly group of about 40 people with a huge passion for all things Data and Artificial Intelligence. We come from a variety of backgrounds, but we all share in the vision of the untapped potential of human and machine intelligence.
We want to make the bank of the future safer, faster, and more effective. We're realising a future where machine intelligence takes away repetitive manual effort and instead provides insight and direction to our colleagues – empowering them to do more, with less effort.
Within Data & Machine Learning ( DML), we work flexibly and operate a hybrid working pattern with teams & individuals mixing their time between home and office locations with a principle of 2-3 days a week on average in the office agreed at a team level to balance both individual needs and business outcomes.
About the role
What follows is what you might find yourself doing on an average day in our teams, but your experience will depend on the team's needs as well as your own aspirations. Our goal is to help you develop in a way that fulfils you and create an environment where you can do what you enjoy.
- You'll practice scrum in a small engineering team that sits within our Lab.
- You'll automate software and infrastructure with technologies like Terraform.
- You'll create an ML cloud platform from scratch.
- You'll craft hugely scalable compute using tools like GKE.
- You’ll build an industrial DevSecOps pipeline to enable the continuous d elivery of hundreds of ML models.
It's ok if one or two of these are things you're not used to. We want people who want to learn, grow and teach us something in the process.
We believe that people don't fit neatly into roles, and we value everyone's individual skills, experience, and knowledge – it's what makes you unique. However, we would need to see the below skills and experience, to be successful in this position, and help us making our mission possible.
Essential Technical Skills
- Strong engineering skills across multiple platforms and the ability to learn quickly as the platform evolves.
- Good understanding and/or experience of large, complex infrastructure upgrades and the challenges involved in these.
- Experience in system support environments with an understanding of service introduction requirements.
Essential Behavioural Skills
- Loves to learn different technologies.
- Looks past the problem in front of them, and sees what's behind it.
- Thinks about the customer, and not just the code.
About Lloyds Banking Group
As the UK’s largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and we have a clear strategy to put customers first and achieve our vision of being the best bank for our customers.
We deeply value diversity and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer. You can come and join our inclusive, values-led culture passionate about making a difference! We are a proud equal opportunities employer; if you require any reasonable adjustments either as a candidate or as an employee, please let us know. We would love to be able to support you in showcasing your best self!
Does this sound like something you might be interested in? Please apply – we are looking forward to getting to know more about you.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Lloyds Banking Group