Operations HSE Advisor
James Fisher and Sons plc.
Operations HSE Advisor
Who we are:
JFD is the world leading underwater capability provider, serving the commercial and defence markets with innovative diving, submarine and hyperbaric rescue, technical solutions and services. Operating worldwide, the company is the world’s leading provider of submarine rescue capability and an established provider of submarine escape training. The company is at the forefront of Hyperbaric Rescue, along with being the leading supplier of commercial and defence diving equipment and saturation diving systems to the commercial industry
About the role:
Operational HSE overview and governance for SERS (Submarine Escape and Rescue Services), Projects, Diving, applicable to all JFD global operations activity. Monitor and inspect practices and procedures to ensure all operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner and in full compliance with all relevant, codes of practice and local legislation.
Your key responsibilities will also include:
- Operational and Site level support as required during activities, such as Diving Operations and SERS exercises
- Facilitate Operational HSE Governance programme
- Coordinate Deployment Safety Reviews
- Hazard log reviews coordination
- Oversee planning and safe operation of project activity such as offsite test and trials
- Convene and run OSSC (Off site safety committees) as required for emergent risks
- Work with Independent Safety Advisers on Safety Engineering aspects of contracts
- Participate and represent HSE in Bids and Tenders
- Client interface for HSE
- HSE performance reporting for Operational activity for JFD Global.
- Maintain and develop operational HSE process, procedure and controls under Global management system and conduct, lead and monitor incident investigations, with relevant local site personnel as appropriate.
- Roll out company safety culture initiatives as part of wider HSEQ department
- Continuous improvement of the HSE Management System(s) through audits, analysis of data and non-conformance, key performance indicators and establishing effective change control protocols
- Coordinate with relevant departments to ensure awareness to known HSE issues
- Participate in planning meetings
- Develop HSE/Safety Management Plans
- Assist Head of HSEQ in other HSEQ activities as required
- Work with other personnel in HSEQ function for interfaces and lead on operational HSE
What do you need:
We are looking for management skills, particularly prioritisation, coaching and the ability to work effectively within a team structure, accept and understand management instruction to manage own timescales and specified timescales effectively with excellent attention to detail.
- H&S experience coupled with commercial diving experience and experience of marine/offshore HSE management.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of diving theory and safety practices.
- NEBOSH General Certificate along with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Risk Assessor/Lead incident investigator and an understanding of ISO 14001 and 45001
- Internal audit experience.
- ISM Code internal Auditor, (desired).
- Understanding of process development with excellent PC Skills/ computer literacy.
- Experience of working in marine/diving or manufacturing fields, with an understanding of general diving equipment.
- Understanding of UK HSE Legislation.
- Understanding of diving legislation and Approved Codes of Practice
- Full driving licence required
- The ability to pass UK security clearance is a must.
The role would suit someone with a background in commercial diving and offshore and who is flexible for travel to local or overseas sites if required.
Working for us:
We offer a number of benefits including Group Personal Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, free fruit in the office and an early finish on Fridays.
James Fisher & Sons are committed to taking positive action on diversity and we strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
JFD is proud to be part of James Fisher and Sons plc, who has partnered with the Career Transition Partnership, the official provider of Armed Forces resettlement for over 20 years.
James Fisher & Sons PLC and all subsidiary businesses are committed to creating a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. For further information on the James fisher group please visit our website www.james-fisher.com.