Office Administrative Assistant
St Nicholas CE VA Primary School
St Albans, Hertfordshire
About the role
Are you an enthusiastic individual looking for a school where pupils and staff share a love of learning in a caring, supportive environment? If so, whether you have secretarial experience or good are at organisation, we want to hear from you!
We are an extremely popular, successful primary school with 150 children. We are looking to appoint an individual who can respond to a range of fluctuating pressures and daily demands whilst adhering to deadlines and targets.
We will offer:
- An experienced, creative leadership team focused on your development and wellbeing
- A nurturing environment where staff, pupils, governors and parents work together in partnership towards clear and mutually agreed goals
- Supportive and friendly staff
- Opportunities for Continuing Professional Development
- have excellent team working and communication skills and enjoy working with children
- have excellent time management skills and be able to work under pressure
- be calm, cheerful, flexible and enjoy working as part of a team
- have recent and relevant experience of working in an office
- have a positive attitude, honesty and integrity
- be able to use your initiative; prioritise, plan, organise and manage your own workloads
- have excellent IT skills
You will need to have a 'team spirited' attitude to your work, whilst being highly flexible and organised in order to deal with a wide range of tasks including reception duties, general administrative tasks and assistance with pupil welfare.
The ability to work under pressure is essential, as is being proactive, taking the initiative when appropriate, and using your ability to prioritise your tasks to meet deadlines. This position is for 2 days a week (Thursday and Friday) from 8:00am – 4.00pm, term time only.
If you have any questions about the post, please contact the team by emailing ad[email protected] we will be delighted to help.
Visits to the school are welcomed, please contact the school office to arrange an appointment on 01582 623 620.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.
St Nicholas CE VA Primary School , Headteacher
Church Green Harpenden
Hertfordshire AL5 2TP
Telephone: 01582 623620
Fax: 01582 623621
Email: [email protected]
Apply for this job