Night Manager 4 on 4 off
Night Manager 4 on 4 offApex Grassmarket Hotel 31-35 Grassmarket, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, EH1 2HS
The pay rate for this role is £11.73 per hour, the role is permanent and is a 4 on 4 off with the occasional opportunity for overtime . Overtime is paid for extra shifts worked at £17.60 per hour.
Why join Apex Hotels?
You will receive a warm welcome into the Apex family on joining us as a Night Manager in Edinburgh . We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. We encourage you to bring your own unique personality to the role and being yourself whilst working as part of the Guest Services as we believe it is our personality, style and friendliness that makes Apex Hotels
You will meet great people, have fun at work, develop new friendships, learn new skills, and of course you will also receive a competitive rate of pay and a generous range of employee benefits which includes:
- 20.5 days holiday
- Access to an external Employee Assistance Programme
- Financial Wellbeing App Wagestream, allowing you the flexibility to get paid earlier than your normal monthly pay date
- Inhouse company interactive employee communication APP
- Entry to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- Training and development from day one
- Employee events and celebrations
- £200 referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
And once you smash your probation, you’ll also receive ……
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical Illness & Death in Service cover
- Access to our employee of the quarter and annual recognition schemes
- Long service recognition
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Probation pass and annual anniversary complimentary guest experience overnight stay and dinner for two
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted room rates for employees, friends, and family
- Spa discount
Starting your Journey:
As a Night Manager, you will deliver amazing brand standards and immaculate guest facilities. You will be responsible for your own work and take pride in the high standard of guest satisfaction.
As Night Manager you will be responsible for supporting the Cluster Night Manager in delivering an excellent service to all Apex Hotel's guests whilst ensuring they are safe and secure during their stay..
You will embrace every opportunity to create extra special moments for our guests and provide a personal experience our guests will want to share.
Joining the dedicated housekeeping department, you will:
- Ensuring all procedures are followed and all-night jobs are complete in support of the Cluster Night Manager.
- Act as Manager on Duty, responsible for the overnight operation of the hotel.
- Dealing with any guest enquiries efficiently and effectively.
- Producing nightly reports.
- Maintaining good awareness of all hotel areas.
- Respond to audits that are completed by the company to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Ensure compliance with all Apex financial, privacy, data security and H&S procedures
- Act on all guest feedback, positive and negative. Respond to Guest reviews and update guest profiles accordingly.
- Supervise the team of Night Receptionists and proactively manage poor performance and act as a role model for your team
As a Night Manager, you will have excellent attention to detail in order to provide consistent standards. This is a vital role in the function of the hotel and ultimately the service provided to our guests before, during and after their stay. You will love chatting to our guests offering help and assistance, you will be a great at multi-tasker, you will be efficient at solving guest enquiries and you will always have a smile for our teams and guests. We want you to be yourself here, bringing your infectious personality which helps makes Apex who we are.
On your first day you will begin a structured 12 week learning journey, giving you the skills, knowledge, and confidence to be a great Night Manager. With this in mind, we are looking for a Night Manager who:
- Previous experience of working within a Front Office/Nights Accommodation environment in a supervisory role is essential.
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Can deliver excellent service and is customer centric
- Knowledge of H&S procedures
- Previous experience with the Infor Front Office system or any PMS system would be a distinct advantage.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and IT systems.
We encourage you to bring your true self to work – we recruit for attitude and train for skill. We’ll provide great training and development opportunities, allowing you to flourish in a fun and fulfilling career, reaching your dreams and aspirations. So, whatever your vibe, our family can never be too big, there’s a place here for you. We have one ask – that you bring your personality, ideas, and spark. We’re an innovative, thriving business and we want you to be part of our exciting journey.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!