Multi Skilled Engineer – Cutler Heights
Cutler Heights, West Yorkshire
About The Role
Our sites are ever-demanding, complex and in some cases operate 24 hours a day – so it's vital we have a strong Engineering team who ensure our machines work to the best of their ability. So we can provide great product to our customers, whilst still ensuring speediness.
Reporting to the Site Engineering Manager, you will also…
- Work closely with the production team to ensure that machinery downtime is kept to a minimum and that all preventative maintenance is conducted in advance to avoid production disruption.
- Work collaboratively within the engineering team, providing support in investigating means of improving plant productivity and also investigating and establishing causes for all breakdowns and damages.
- Action any repairs and ensure that all measures taken are recorded so recurrent faults can be recognised and you will be involved in electrical and mechanical proactive and re-active maintenance.
- Ensure that all necessary spare parts, materials and equipment are available
- Investigate and establish causes of all breakdowns and damages
- Action any necessary repairs and ensure all measures taken are recorded so recurrent faults can be recognised
- Be involved in both electrical and mechanical reactive and pro-active maintenance
- Be proactive in ensuring good health and safety on site
Shift pattern: 4 on 4 off, 6-6 days and nights rotation – 4 days on, 4 off, 4 nights on, 4 off.
Why not take a look around one of our Manufacturing sites? Click here.
As well as the ability to work at pace, we're also looking for someone who has…
- Qualifications to NVQ level 3 (or equivalent, ONC mechanical/electrical engineering, BTEC level 3 in mechanical & electrical/electronic engineering)
- A proven track record in an engineering and fault finding role gained from a FMCG environment (ideally the food industry).
- A good understanding of HACCP principles and ideally IEE qualification up to 17th edition wiring regulations would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Assertiveness with the ability to make decisions on the spot
- A can do attitude and a strong work ethic
In return you'll get competitive pay rates, up to 6 weeks holiday (including bank holidays) and many benefits including a discount card for you and 2 more for friends or family members giving you 10% off your shopping in Morrisons. We also offer company share options, Retirement Saver, Free Life Assurance and much more.
About the site
Our packing facility at Cutler Heights operates around the clock to provide our customers with grapes, tomatoes, peaches, plums, salad and citrus fruit.
Thanks to our team of over 500 colleagues, our first ever produce site now supplies 59 fruit products and 115 million packs of fruit a year. Covering 11 acres, this site is also home to 100 central colleagues. We've recently invested £1.8 million in a state-of-the-art packing line for blueberries that includes an optical grader and two Mondini heat sealers.
About The Company
From a Bradford market stall to the UK’s 4th largest supermarket chain and the UK's 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer.
We are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK at just under 500 stores and an online home delivery service. Our 18 manufacturing sites provide our customers with the freshest produce from flowers, fish and veg to burgers and bread, all delivered to our stores via our 6 distribution sites by our 2,000 strong fleet.
Every week, 11 million customers pass through our doors and over 110,000 colleagues across the business work hard each day to deliver great service to them. We cover more than 11 million households with our Morrisons.com service. With competitive, permanently low prices we are committed to helping our customers save money every day.
We are foodmakers and shopkeepers and #wemakemorrisons.
Why not hear what our teams about got to say about life here at Morrisons: Click here.